cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JW-3DE

jjacks1961
Level 7
Hello all! I have a driver question. According to hwinfo, my laptop has a LG Phillips (unknown model: LGD02C5). My device manager list a generic pnp display. Now, everything works fine, but considering the driver listed in the dm is 2 years old seems out of place. I don't think 3d laptops were around then?

Anyways, is there a newer driver available? I have looked and cannot find it.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Chastity
Level 10
There is a link for the latest NVIDIA Driver & 3D Application CD on my Driver and Application Page in the stickies.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Thank you Chastity, but I mis-stated the problem. Under display, I have the latest Nvidia drivers. It is the monitor that I have a question with.

My device manager:

Is generic pnp monitor correct? I tried the driver update. It tells me I have the best driver installed. If this is correct, I will leave it alone.;)

Chastity
Level 10
That's just fine.

Thanks Chastity. By the way, I've spent some time reading on the forums. You have done an outstanding job here. Most of the questions I had about my G73 were already answered in other posts. And your driver / application page saves a ton of time!

Chastity
Level 10
TY for the support! 🙂

jjacks1961
Level 7
Two more questions Chastity, or anyone that can answer this. If you look at the attached picture, it lists several audio devices above the Realtek device:

All of the non Realtek devices are Microsoft (properties tab) in each instance. Is this right? I have un-installed all of the sound drivers / software twice. The MS devices re-install on restart. I then re-installed the realtek and thx software.

Last part of this. Under other devices it lists Nvidia stereo controller. Before this last re=install, I did install the nvidia audio software. I had some minor issues (mainly gaming). Sounded like static. Also, when I would plug in my usb headphones (plantronics gamecon-777) the speakers would not mute. Not a huge deal, just irritating. Anyway, do I need to install the drivers for this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chastity
Level 10
That's NVIDIA's HDMI devices. You can download the new 267.24 package and do an express install. Should take care of that.

Chastity wrote:
That's NVIDIA's HDMI devices. You can download the new 267.24 package and do an express install. Should take care of that.

All taken care of except the nvidia stereo controller. I picked express install. None the less, everything else seems to be working. I haven't checked the 3d glasses yet, but I will.