cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g74sx power4gear problem. please help!

Halvizzle
Level 7
I accidentally removed power4gear widget and program from my g74sx because i only got the gray power4gear logo every time i start up my computer. So i went to the asus support page and downloaded the power4gear 1.2.0 utility but every time i launch the installer it says it got interupted and told me to restart the installer and try again but every time i launch it i get the same thing. It never gives me a specific reason why it gets interupted like that. Do i need a older version first? in that case is there anywhere i can find it?
6 REPLIES 6

Bulldozer
Level 7
I only had that problem as long as i didnt have the ATK installed.

ummm, whats ATK? yea im new to this stuff.

zsld0423
Level 9
The ATK driver is so that you can use the fn key with your F1-12 keys, so the keyboard backlight, brightness control, volume, etc. My first suggestion would be to go into the control panel and see if you have that ATK driver installed. If you do, uninstall it, and then re-install it. Here's the link for the ATK 1.0.0014 Driver, and then after that reboot, and then try re-installing the Power4Gear program and see if that works. And just in case, here's the Power4Gear zip I extracted and installed with to get mine working. And of course you probably already knew this, but just to make sure, extract everything out of the zip and don't just double click the setup.exe while it's still in the zipped folder 😛
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

zsld0423 wrote:
The ATK driver is so that you can use the fn key with your F1-12 keys, so the keyboard backlight, brightness control, volume, etc. My first suggestion would be to go into the control panel and see if you have that ATK driver installed. If you do, uninstall it, and then re-install it. Here's the link for the ATK 1.0.0014 Driver, and then after that reboot, and then try re-installing the Power4Gear program and see if that works. And just in case, here's the Power4Gear zip I extracted and installed with to get mine working. And of course you probably already knew this, but just to make sure, extract everything out of the zip and don't just double click the setup.exe while it's still in the zipped folder 😛

Well i found out whats wrong. i followed ur steps and uninstalled the ATK and restarted my computer BUT it still didnt work! but then it came to me that ive been playing GTA IV and had some lag issues, so i searched for an answer and everybody said "go to msconfig and disable the windows event logger and the event collector!" and aparently that disables the rog button wich controls the power4gear program, wich makes it crash AND stops the installer from installing it. so i activated the event logger and collector and now its working perfectly again ^_^ and thanx for the help!

Halvizzle wrote:
Well i found out whats wrong. i followed ur steps and uninstalled the ATK and restarted my computer BUT it still didnt work! but then it came to me that ive been playing GTA IV and had some lag issues, so i searched for an answer and everybody said "go to msconfig and disable the windows event logger and the event collector!" and aparently that disables the rog button wich controls the power4gear program, wich makes it crash AND stops the installer from installing it. so i activated the event logger and collector and now its working perfectly again ^_^ and thanx for the help!

If you have FPS issues you should download ThrottleStop if you dont have it yet.

Halvizzle wrote:

Well dang haha, I had no idea the event logger and collector would cause that. Mine are still on and I haven't experienced that issue. But I'm glad you figured it out 😄 I will definitely have to keep that info in mind if it happens to me
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate