Anyone still on Maximus IV Gene-Z flash to 3402 bios and found much lower memory oc'ing head room ?
I flashed from 3305 to 3402 bios and seems Samsung Green 30nm memory clocking went from easy 2200-2300mhz benchable, to not being able to boot on 3402 bios at even 1866mhz ? See my 3305 bios results at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...00#post5114300
- Bios no longer shows Internal PLL Overvoltage option, it's missing from 3402 bios
- Even at 1600mhz 11-11-11-28 timings stock cpu, in memtest86+ 5.00b1, when i hit ESC to exit memtest86+, instead of cycle through back to booting, it now hangs for a second then shuts down the system for reboot.
- Only at 1866 and higher memory clocks, post code reports 55 - memory not installed.
- Unable to clear CMOS, even removing power and battery won't clear CMOS anymore, I flashed back to 3305 and Internal PLL Overvoltage option is still missing when it wasn't when i first flashed to 3305 bios
- Core i5 3570K L208B104
- Corsair H50-1 H20 cooling
- Asus Maxmus IV Gene-Z 3305 bios then 3402 bios
- 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 MV-3V4G3D/US 30nm
- Sapphire HD5870 flashed to Asus bios
- 80GB Intel X25-M SSD
- 1200W Silverstone OP1200
Strange as i haven't touched the cpu or it's mounting and everything was working fine on 3305 bios with both 2700K and 3570K cpus.
History of bios flash progression:
- 0403 original bios