cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage Extreme IV Black Edition

el_Zocko
Level 7
Hey Guys,

The World waiting for a Black Edition Version!
there is hope the Black Edition will appear again?

Where is JJ? He said it is thinking about on Youtube Channel.The Black Edition was the best Motherboard ever.
I do not understand why it is not a separate product line" Black Edition"

Color Black and Green:)

does anyone know if there are plans for a black edition?
59 REPLIES 59

el_Zocko
Level 7
Come on guys, nobody can tell me that nobody waiting for this!
I know plenty of people who would spend money for something and just wait on it.Today there are almost only area in the gaming sequels, just as in the film industry.
So why does something that works,not repeat?

Dear Santa,here my Design:

-Black&Green PCB
-Two Sockel of LGA 2011 (Answer of the EVGA SR-X Classfield)
-I/O-Shields/Panel like the Asus X79 Zeus (Concept)
-Thunderbolt Support
-Water cooling ready
- 8 Ram Slots
-ATX -XL Format
-4 Way SLI/Crossfire Support
-LCD Mini Monitor like the Rampage Extreme X48
-Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus Souncard Buddle
-OC Key
-PCIe Gen 3 Support
-more then 4 SATA III connections
--------------------------------------------------------------

and much more...

And how many people will buy such board? No one will spend millions to design something that wouldn't be sold for sure)

Actually the only thing that we (Asus customers) can do with some hope of result is to leave feedback about something that currently exists (1st of all I mean RIVE)

My will be looking like this:

1) Improve VRM cooling and make mosfet radiator H2O ready
2) Make some adjustment to OC Key fixing
3) Replace one External SATA port with 2nd LAN (Just like in Rampage II Extreme)
4) Replace crappy Realtek soundcard with something better and discrete (Just like in Rampage II Extreme)
5) Add to accessories 3 wired DTS (Just like in Rampage II Extreme)
6) Make BIOS to be able to remember changes made in TurboV (Just like in Rampage II Extreme)
7) Make BIOS to be able to boot stock settings after crash but not forget the last settings (Just like in Rampage II Extreme)
😎 Replace free crappy one-year anti-virus with some free lifetime 3DMARK (Just like in Rampage II Extreme)
9-153) etc. (Just like in Rampage II Extreme) 😛
154) Add some new cool stuff
155) Leave the colors just like they are, but replace white parts with black and red
156) Make "ROG fan edition" with t-shirt or something instead of Battlefield3\Diablo3 edition (everyone who really like to play these games has pre-ordered a copy few months before release)
157) Make PCI-E ports more flexible, don't put the only x1 port right under the full-width x16 port and make an option to set the width of port manually.

I really hope this threat will grow enough to have some impact)

And how many people will buy such board? No one will spend millions to design something that wouldn't be sold for sure)

Okay tow Sockel 2011 is too much,but the rest is nothing...
I find that you feel that some missing on the current Rampage boards.
No Sticker,no Software as you also noticed already crappy stuff for Trail..

yet there are enough people out there who speak in forums like this are why it is not a Black Edition.
The Board was celebrated with numerous awards.

yes, I am a fanboy of the black edition, and I certainly do not stand alone in the opinion of Youtube, Facebook, forums all say that, there are even compare to the REIV and RE III Black Edition

I'm pretty sure that if it will be a RIVE black it'll be based on current RIVE. That's because I see the sense in seeking for some weak places in it.
I know that RIVE (as every other Rampage Extreme board) has a lot of awards but it doesn't mean that it can't be improved.

P.S. People, who are the reason why such boards as Rampage Extreme exists, doesn't spend their free time on facebook and youtube. Their home is hwbot.org)

Dartmaul wrote:
I'm pretty sure that if it will be a RIVE black it'll be based on current RIVE. That's because I see the sense in seeking for some weak places in it.
I know that RIVE (as every other Rampage Extreme board) has a lot of awards but it doesn't mean that it can't be improved.

P.S. People, who are the reason why such boards as Rampage Extreme exists, doesn't spend their free time on facebook and youtube. Their home is hwbot.org)

^ That P.S. is sig worthy. 🙂
I7-3930K @ 4.9Ghz (1.384) / ASUS R4E / Samsung 30nm @ 1866 / Crucial M4 128GB / Caviar Black 1TB / HD6850 / Corsair AX850 / MCP35X2 -> RX360 - > SR1.360 -> Summit EF / DD Double-Wide Horizontal

Zka17
Level 16
I would like a Rampage IV Black Edition too! :cool:

Specially if they equip it with the new Fusion Thermo System...

Zka17 wrote:
I would like a Rampage IV Black Edition too! :cool:

Specially if they equip it with the new Fusion Thermo System...

+1 and it will be better with 1/4" thread holes to install compression fittings rather than those 3/8" barbs like in the MvF, Plus a good audio chip and better PCIe layout, and the board will be mine for sure.
I spent like 2 months waiting for the black edition to come out after the X79 got released, and I finally got the RIVE, because I couldnot wait any more.

I spent like 2 months waiting for the black edition to come out after the X79 got released, and I finally got the RIVE, because I couldnot wait any more.

like me:)

Today has been known,that ASRock put the X79 Extreme11 out, with 10 SATA III Ports...to be honest I find good, more X79 Boards we need!
I hope Asus will a selects similar way.

Socket 2011 is the Lead Platform

Registered just to post on a very old thread that IMHO, we should get a IV Black edition and the killer app would be to take all the features from the Z77 Premium and put them on the RIVE.

And fixing the wonky slot 2 and 3 business. There has got to be a way to have those channels be shared for 2 smaller cards (say 2x4 or even just 2x1) and still run x8 for SLi.

As it is, a dual SLI setup with a RAID card and a sound card (IMHO necessary for full optimization, Realtek sux, onboard creative would fix) either requires dropping your channels or using PCi extender cables(thus limiting your case options to 8+ expansion slots (BTW 800D has only seven)

even just making the the slot 2 and 3 shared channels the second x 16 slot would work and make much more sense layout wise i.e.

gpu - slot 1
gpu - slot 2 (or 3 if 3slot spacing)
expansion card in x8 slot - slot 4 (or 6 if 3slot spacing)
expansion card in x1 slot - slot 5 (2slot spacing only)

and that's a really simple architecture fix (I believe, could be something I'm missing)