cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backlit~G55

sing_css
Level 9
I have a problem with my backlit, when I press the power button, the laptop will turns to sleep mode. When I turn it on again, I found that I am unable to switch on the backlit~I've tried reinstall the ATK, but the problem still not solved. Anyone know why is this happen? ><"
76 REPLIES 76

Raziel
Level 7
I've been having the same problem, the keyboard backlight won't work after the laptop has been in standby/sleep mode. I think it did before I updated to the latest BIOS.

dstrakele
Level 14
Try this - launch the Command Prompt by right-clicking on its icon and choosing "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu, then cd to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey and execute HControl.exe. Then press Fn-F4 to turn on the keyboard backlight.

If that succeeds, take a look at this thread as well: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/513264-keyboard-light-fix-gary-key-10.htm.... Unfortunately, I'm unsure if Windows would run such a Scheduled Task on Resume from Sleep/Hibernation.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Unfortunately, this did not seem to have any effect: before as well as after running hcontrol, the screen overlay would display the backlight level and icon on the screen when doing Fn+F3/F4 but the backlight would not turn on. After terminating HControl from the process list and running it again, it won't even display the overlay for those two functions, but the rest work (like the monitor brightness one).

I know this is an old thread, but I remembered there was a better solution so I'll post it. I just installed Win 8 on my G74SX-A1 and had to do this.

I installed the latest ATK package, then restart
Install the latest P4G then restart
Uninstall the ATK package then restart (You'll get an error that p4g only runs on an asus machine. don't worry.)
Reinstall the latest ATK package and restart

You should now have control over the KB backlights with no issues.

It appears that p4g needs to be installed before the ATK package works correctly.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele wrote:
Try this - launch...\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey and execute HControl.exe. Then press Fn-F4 to turn on the keyboard backlight.

Thank you, have been looking for a fix to my G75VW Keyboard lighting turning off after latest Bios update and this did the trick!

dstrakele wrote:
Try this - launch ...\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey and execute HControl.exe. Then press Fn-F4 to turn on the keyboard backlight.

Thank you! This solved my G75VW keyboard lighting turning off after latest Bios update.

dstrakele
Level 14
Well, you tried... Perhaps it is a BIOS issue as you suspect. Hopefully some feedback from others can shed some light on this issue.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Indeed. I'll get one more HDD soon after which I'll format the laptop, so I'll be able to report on it from a clean installation.

sing_css
Level 9
If that works please leave a feedback here~thx 🙂