cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Instant Connect?

Hyeong
Level 7
Hi all, I have some questions about this program; however, I can't seem to find much information about it. I bought a g75vw a few days ago and was wondering if ASUS Instant Connect could be used to connect my laptop to the internet without having to pay for tethering abilities. If this is the case, then I plan on getting the Samsung Galaxy as it seems to be one of the only phones that this works on; in addition, I would like to ask if anyone knows if ASUS plans on updating the phones that are usable with ASUS Instant Connect.
StarCraft II Masters League player on three accounts. I own ASUS g75vw; and, I have a custom built desktop that includes the ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula with 8120FX 8 core processor OC'ed to 4.3ghz with 16gb ram and 1x RADEON 5850.
6 REPLIES 6

__11364___926__
Level 8
As far as I know unless you have to pay for the wifi-hotspot service or jailbreak the phone in order to get the laptop to recognize the connection. I've never actually heard Instant Connect, but i'll have to check it out.
ASUS G75VW-BBK5
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30/3.30 GHz. Ivy Bridge
Memory: 24 GB Corsair Vengeance PC1666 DDR3
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD 5400RPM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
Screen: 17.3' Matte Full HD LED Screen

It does make it free. I just barely got it and it is what i am using. but you cannot turn it on with the phone you have to use instant connect.

AzraelsKiss
Level 10
Wired tethering may bypass the built in restrictions preventing wifi tethering, but that doesn't mean it is allowed by your carrier in the TOS. Also, many plans have caps on the maximum data transmission, so you won't necessarily be able to use your wireless data connection like you would a DSL or cable connection, or even a wireless broadband connection. Just remember that many TOSes permit your carrier to cancel service to anyone in violation of the TOS, so ya might wanna be careful.
~Azrael's Kiss~

Buildin' my post count one post at a time...

That_Guy_Over_T
Level 7
I don't have a gaming computer but i have an ASUS and this is literally the only forum about ASUS instant connect (installer). sense it has almost been a year sense the last post on this, i don't know if this will even be seen, but i hope someone who will see this will now how to help. (sorry for a long intro). ASUS instant connect is not working, i follow the instructions, connect S3 via USB cable, find "settings", and turn on USB debugging. and it just gives me a screen telling me which phones will work with the instant connect, this list includes my S3, and an exit button. so, if someone could help me, like if i am doing something wrong or need a special wire, that will be appreciated. thanks and have a good day!

Pitcher1
Level 9
did you install S3 driver and connecter utility to laptop?

what is that and how would i install it?