cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Key Popped Off

eugene_nelson
Level 7
I can not for the life of me get my G75 key back on. I know the key and assembly is not broken but I cant not find the right way to get the key to go back into alignment. The top part connects but the bottom connector never wants to go back on. I have two keys that look exactly the same and are having the same problem.
G75VW-BBK5
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
I recommend just taking your laptop back the retailer and exchanging it for a new one. You shouldn't have to deal with an issue like that on a new laptop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

eugene_nelson
Level 7
I have had it for over a month and It is my fault, I just want to get it back on 😞
G75VW-BBK5

dstrakele
Level 14
Unfortunately, the closest experience I've had with keyboard key removal and replacement is reading this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9245-Cause-of-unresponsive-sluggish-keys-on-G74.

It has a link to nice photos of G74 keys, but doesn't discuss how the keys were replaced - Sorry! I have read a post where the user received a new G75 with a key or two rattling around in the box. Hopefully he or someone else with key replacement experience will weigh-in on this thread.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

eugene_nelson
Level 7
I fixed it finally, I never noticed the small holes in the assembly and it went right in.
G75VW-BBK5