cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N53 vs Asus Zenbook

Bklynets214
Level 7
Hey guys what's up? I'm going to be heading off to college soon and I need a laptop for school. Between these two (It's the original zenbook, not prime) which do you like more? Are there other laptops under $1000 that offer a better band for your buck? Thanks guys!
3 REPLIES 3

X-ROG
Level 15
Depends what you're after.

If you want the best portability possible, but at the expense of heavier power and graphics, then Zenbook all the way. If you need more power, a solid graphics card and more HDD space - and don't care you're carrying a couple of kilo+15" notebook, get the N53. Check the relative display resolutions too. The N53 is an older, 2010 model - the N55 was launched later last year (around the same time as the Zenbook) - even if they both can be fitted with Sandybridge.

I'm mainly going to be using it for school so I guess portability/battery life are somewhat important. I'm not doing any heavy photo or video editing or stuff like that. I might play some occasional games on there, is the Zenbook alright as an occasional game machine?

Also, is there a noticeable or significant difference between the ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH52 and ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH72 models?