cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the Number Pad Lock Key for the ASUS G74SX?

TheBlackShogun
Level 7
Just asking because I think I accidentally turned off my number pad, so it works up it now moves web pages up and down and things like that, lol. And when I know what the Numb Pad key is... how do I make my number pad work like it used to? (Being able to type numbers).
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
If Num Lock was in the OFF state on your G74SX, the LED to the right of the one that lights for Caps Lock would be OFF. Is that the case?

If not, I'd be tempted to uninstall the keyboard driver in Device Manager and REBOOT to allow Microsoft to install the Plug-n-Play keyboard driver.

There is also a registry edit (see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-how-to-turn-off-numloc...) and a program called NumLocker that allows you to change Num Lock state. That would be what I would try if the Num Lock LED is OFF.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

NM, my number pad is working again. IDK how though. thanks for the help anyways!

TheBlackShogun
Level 7
No the light next to my caps lock is not off.

Alright, I think I'l use the program Numlocker since I'm not too experienced with rebooting computers.

dstrakele
Level 14
Keep an eye on that. If the Num Lock LED is ON, the number keys on the keypad should be working. If they are not, it could indicate a hardware issue.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT