cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Extreme 1207 BIOS - i7 980x

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

I have an ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard Rev 2.x.x, with an Intel Core i7 980X CPU.

I recently flashed the BIOS to 1207. The process went fine, however during reboot, the POST screen gave this message: Please upgrade your BIOS to unleash the fullest potential of your CPU. I would have thought that a latter version of a BIOS would do just this...

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Retired
Not applicable
doubt it but, did you happen to hit the bios switch button on the motherboard? usually on a older bios it will say this... does it say 1207 in the bios? if so then....uhhh ill check up on it..

Retired
Not applicable
I'm pretty sure I didn't change between BIOS 1 and BIOS 2. The POST screen and the BIOS setup utility show 1207.

claydough
Level 7
I can not get any downloads working in the asus support global china or dlm.
And there is no 1207 link here in the bios sticky?
Could you make one available it is less buggy here

xeromist
I don't have access to any file drop box sites (blocked from the office) so I can't post the file for you, but I would recommend trying a different browser and/or turning off ad/popup blockers. Sometimes those can interfere with download scripts. I know that I've also had problems with the ASUS site in the past but I don't remember exactly whether it was the browser or a blocker that was causing it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

site worked for me finally...

was thinking of using testing version 0003.

Anyone know which may be more advantageous? ( 1207 vs 0003 )

KILLER_K
Level 10
1301 bios was released today. So grab it here off their ftp site.
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1366/Rampage_III_Extreme/RampageIII-Extreme-ASUS-1301.zip