cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4IVE system unstable. Your CPU ratio may be down at 12X due to unsuitable conditions

lenehan
Level 10
Hi,

I am running this issue very often when I start my PC . It showing "System unstable. Your CPU ratio may be down at 12X due to unsuitable conditions". Not everytime but quite frequent I start my PC the next day. Even thoough I run the ram at stock speed of 1600MHz @1.5v.

My spec as follow;

Intel 3930K
G Skill RipjawsZ F3-14900CL9-16GBZL (4GB X 4) -I am ruuning only 1600MHz @1.5V at the moment
Asus 7970 DirectCU II TOP
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD
WD Caviar Black
Seasonic X series 760W

As I mentioned I run the ram speed 1600MHz at the moment now until I or anyone else here can help me to solve this annoying issue.

Thank you very much.

Update.: The ram timning @ 9-10-9-28 2T (default stock). But somehow R4IVE when set auto become 11-11-11-28. Strange.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
It does seem RAM or overclock related. Are you overclocked? Is that an XMP profile? Have you tried uping the RAM voltage or VCCSA and VTT in line with the Gskill guide https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=17VKzOB5CL5EtIelw5tGsj2CqjBk3O0OU5VPe6CUoFso although for your RAM the website doesn't give this tweak....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
It does seem RAM or overclock related. Are you overclocked? Is that an XMP profile? Have you tried uping the RAM voltage or VCCSA and VTT in line with the Gskill guide https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=17VKzOB5CL5EtIelw5tGsj2CqjBk3O0OU5VPe6CUoFso although for your RAM the website doesn't give this tweak....

Thank you. I read that before. I am not OC, I even turn off the turbo mode and try to find the causes and solution. XMP profile for this ram running 1866 @1.5V with 9-10-9-28-2T.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried testing the memory with memtest just to make sure it is all working as it should? Have you tried resetting defaults and then using AI overclock tuner set to manual mode setting the RAM frequency manually , inputting those first timings yourself and making those voltage tweaks?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Have you tried testing the memory with memtest just to make sure it is all working as it should? Have you tried resetting defaults and then using AI overclock tuner set to manual mode setting the RAM frequency manually , inputting those first timings yourself and making those voltage tweaks?

I did that. No issue with memtest. And also tested with another Z77 system not running any single issue. I done every setting... default RIVE setting making the ram running at 11-11-11-28-2T @1.67v still having the issue. I try runnning at 9-10-9-28-2T @1.5v with the same result. The only choice I left is to try out the XMP setting reccomended by GSkill.

I start thinking RIVE are picky with RAM or the bios are reading the RAM spec different way. The timing read by the RIVE bios are different with CPUz or Aida64 and others system.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes X79 is picky with RAM though usually the ripjaws work well on it. If I were you I would try setting the RAM up entirely manually not XMP and see how that works.

The board setting 1.67v at slack timings seems strange. I would try 9 10 9 28 2t and 1.65v at 1866 VCCSA 1.2 Vtt 1.2 and see how that goes. Also in DIGI + set VCCSA LLC to Regular or med DRAM current capablitity to 120% and DRAM voltage control to optimised.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yes X79 is picky with RAM though usually the ripjaws work well on it. If I were you I would try setting the RAM up entirely manually not XMP and see how that works.

The board setting 1.67v at slack timings seems strange. I would try 9 10 9 28 2t and 1.65v at 1866 VCCSA 1.2 Vtt 1.2 and see how that goes. Also in DIGI + set VCCSA LLC to Regular or med DRAM current capablitity to 120% and DRAM voltage control to optimised.

Thanks bro. Will try later.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Set CPU Clock Gen Filter to Enabled
Set Rampage Tweak Mode 1
Also VCCSA at 1.15-1.25v

mdzcpa wrote:
Set CPU Clock Gen Filter to Enabled
Set Rampage Tweak Mode 1
Also VCCSA at 1.15-1.25v

Many thank to all the replied. The system start well this morning without problems. Will monitor for the next few days. Appreciate for all the advise given.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
You'll get that message when your system fails to post it will reboot and reset your settings, could be ram or cpu related.