cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Qs

Techinstein
Level 9
Does the best buy g75vw bbk5 come with extra fan vents or should i install them cause mine came with some in a baggy. How often should I clean vents sense I am a gamer?

My machine: G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 Pro :cool:

My YouTube: EpicTechinsteinTime
10 REPLIES 10

c_man
Level 11
I had some similar filters to those on a Clevo. They do a decent job. You have 2 spare metal filters in the box, not sure why since they are metal.

I have checked mine after about 2 weeks now and there is no dust at all. The design of the laptop itself is much better than Clevo's when it comes to this as with Clevo I would already have some dust in the filter.

Asus provides a program that will remind you to clean the filters. There might not be a standard time. You might have more dusty environment than me or the other way around. So one of us would need to clean them sooner.

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Techinstein wrote:
Does the best buy g75vw bbk5 come with extra fan vents or should i install them cause mine came with some in a baggy. How often should I clean vents sense I am a gamer?

The ones included are spares ... how often you clean your vents totally depends on how dirty an environment your machine is in.

The vents in the backside are big ... and for most of us ... blowing out the machine every once in a while with compressed air is all that it will need. Most of us will never need to install the spare filters.

TSC-Ops
Level 7
in case you lose them
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

TSC-Ops wrote:
in case you lose them

If Steam and Origin happen to go offline for an entire day at that same exact time... people may feel inclined to use these 2 spare metal filters as Frisbee's to entertain themselves until everything comes back online.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

Techinstein
Level 9
Thank you everybody for assuring me. And Woots the comment was priceless. 😄 And yes my Asus Fan filter says, 63 hours of use. How often hould I blow them out. The enviroment I am in is my bedroom, only sunlight comes in through the window facing the computer. And I left my computer at home for two weeks covered inside the fiber casing inside the box tidely in my closet so the people that were taking care of our house wouldnt see it. And so it got no use for two weeks. Also the heat from the closet in second floor house was pretty hot with AC off and all the fingerprints that it gets from the finish of the material vanished. So far no problems with my new ASUS G75VW-BBK5. And I have quite a bit of files and the ASUS thing pops up and says I should make a recovery disk. But Idont have disk yet. And I have got Norton 360 and games and MAYA and UDK and web browser security so I think it well be ok sense I am pretty sure it has a factory reset if anything does go wrong. But as soon as I get a disk I well make a restore thingy.

Techinstein wrote:
But as soon as I get a disk I well make a restore thingy.

So you have had it for a long time yet and "have no DVDs" and have not updated the Asus recovery utility and then burned a set of Recovery DVDs?

Plus your Asus Rog handle is "techinstein"???

You sir ... are no techinstein ... perhaps more like ... the anti techinstein???

john_from_ohio wrote:
So you have had it for a long time yet and "have no DVDs" and have not updated the Asus recovery utility and then burned a set of Recovery DVDs?

Plus your Asus Rog handle is "techinstein"???

You sir ... are no techinstein ... perhaps more like ... the anti techinstein???
I cant get a DVD when ever I want. And I have to save my own money starting low sense I bought this compter my self and I am only 17 and don't have a job.

c_man
Level 11
How expensive can a DVD disc be? They are like few bucks a pack.

Techinstein
Level 9
Its not that there expensive I cant get to a store whenever I want because I don't have a license. And my parents wont drive me. @ c-man