Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insoluble problem with keyboard?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my incorrect english 😉
Back to the point...
few days ago i have problem with kb. CTRL Key gets randomly "pressed" itself... But i don't doing this. I've checked this prob. on external keyboard. I've been looking for solution on other forums.... vainly... It's annoying because to temporarily i have to log out and log in. During the game (;) ) it gets more frustrating. In addition ive turned off sticky keys ... without effect.
Any solution is appreciated 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Chastity
Level 10
Do you have any of the Windows Assistance applications activated?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
its not connected with any game, its going randomly: during web browsing, gaming, typing on chat... whatever

xeromist
Which game is having the problem? Sometimes the game itself can cause the problem.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
no i dont, but i can activate it if needed

Retired
Not applicable
can anyone help me? im pi**ed totally off.. 😕 i have checked computer with antimalwares and antiviruses... deep clean...
hmmm how do i know if i have recovery partition in my comp? maybe i should reinstall win7? hmm in disk manager i have partition zero (20GB) but i cant assign letter and access to data. Does it recovery partition?

xeromist
Yes, that sounds right. To access recovery mode you press F9 when it is booting.

If you still want to try something else before starting over then I would uninstall & reinstall the drivers for the keyboard and touchpad (use the latest touchpad drivers while you're at it).

When you used the external keyboard & mouse, did you disable the onboard ones? If you didn't then you could still get the random keystrokes because all devices are active at the same time.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
thx for info 🙂
so u suggest to disable both 'internal' kb and touch pad? under Device Manager?..

xeromist
If you want to _test_ with external KB & mouse, yes. That won't be good long term to haul an extra keyboard when you want to take your laptop on holiday though. 🙂

However I still recommend uninstalling the keyboard & touchpad drivers & software before doing a restore. It will be much faster if it works and you will not lose data or settings.

Retired
Not applicable
i must say that my problem have solved itself. Since my last post, the random software ctrl self-pressing just stopped. I have just reistalled touchpad drivers and ATK drivers from Asus support website. Thats all. Btw the problem still occurs but not so frequently like before.