cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z!

Thomas
Level 10
Hey guys,

Just received this beauty in our office so I thought I could capture a few shots before it gets sent out for review.

Lets face it, this is amazing!

Fast_Boot allows to you toggle between ultra speed and legacy posting times. Directkey will take you system from stand-by to BIOS with no keyboard needed!
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK
14 REPLIES 14

FlanK3r
Level 13
NICE! There is LN2 mode too, right? AT board...Thx
Who knows me, knows me ;)....AMD 3000+, AMD x2 4600+ EE, AMD X4 955 BE C2,2x AMD X4 965 BE C3, AMD X4 970 BE C3, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD x6 1100T BE, 2x AMD FX-8120, 2x AMD FX-8150, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320E, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-8370E, FX-9370, FX-9590, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-5800K, A10-6800K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, A 5150, Athlon x4 860K, Intel i7-5960X, i7-6700K, Intel i7-4770K, Intel i7-980x, Intel i7 2600k, Intel i7-3770K, i7-3930K.

I find it interesting that they decided to get rid of the PCIe x4 and replace it with a PCIe x1. I was looking at raid controllers b/c 6 Hard drives isn't enough. 1x doesn't have enough throughput while 4x can almost handle 6GB/sec. Also where is the memory located? My challenge with the V Formula is that it is too close to the CPU. I can't fit most coolers in if I have 4 dimms and the stock cooler overheats the Dimms.

*edit*
Memory is further away but i'm not sure if is enough.

bikeman
Level 7
thank you very much

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thomas why do you have a do not disturb sign for a hotel for that board. Mate I have heard about blokes like you who need to get a room, but never before heard about one who needed that room with a motherboard. I do not care how sweet that board looks like and it is sweet indeed. Bad boy Thomas.

😄 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Thomas why do you have a do not disturb sign for a hotel for that board. Mate I have heard about blokes like you who need to get a room, but never before heard about one who needed that room with a motherboard. I do not care how sweet that board looks like and it is sweet indeed. Bad boy Thomas.

😄 😄

HAHAHA!!!!! this just made my day, but in case you forgot mate. That door sign also came out with one of the new Max V boards too...guess you missed that one 😛

HiVizMan
Level 40
Guess I did, must be cos I was in a room at the time 😮
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Guess I did, must be cos I was in a room at the time 😮

More than likely you hadn't had enough coffee to start your day...so you were in fact, in the kitchen making coffee!! 😛 :cool:

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
More than likely you hadn't had enough coffee to start your day...so you were in fact, in the kitchen making coffee!! 😛 :cool:

Darn dude you really do know me well.

chrsplmr
Level 18
not Tea ??? All that English tea and you drink coffee in the morning ? really ? ..learn something new everyday.

Thomas .. when can I expect my sample to review ?

thnx.c.