cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73 No power, plugged in and not charging

osadder
Level 7
Sorry for my English.

I have a Asus g73, from one moment to another I appeared in the system icons, told me that the battery was plugged in but not charging. It has no light on the current input and before long had the green light. That may be. check the voltages of the charger and were apparently well.

Thank you for your cooperation.
8 REPLIES 8

cl-scott
Level 12
The first thing to test in situations like this is the battery. Both because it's cheaper, and easier to replace than some of the other alternative sources of the problem.

cl-scott wrote:
The first thing to test in situations like this is the battery. Both because it's cheaper, and easier to replace than some of the other alternative sources of the problem.

Thanks for the recommendation, but as I can test the battery. Since I can not try another because these computers are not common in my country that I have it because I bought out, and I would play parts cuaquier order it to USA, and before that anything I want to be sure what you have to buy if either the battery or charger. Because hopefully not something more serious.

brecker
Level 8
each time i read that message my battery was dying or already dead...

how long you had used that battery?

have you left it without use and charge for a long time?

if you connect the charger without the battery, does you machine work?

after you answer this questions you probably know your answer 😛

Ok, thanks brecker.

Yesterday I boot without the battery and caught without problems, then you put the battery for 3 minutes and was apparently well, I will calibrate it to see how it behaves.

brecker
Level 8
yw, btw do not remove the battery while it is plugged in and running, it can be dangerous... and using it without battery if your charger is faulty can be dangerous as well...

also on ebay, battery's for your notebook are somewhere between 50-70 usd, perhaps its cheaper for you to get one of those instead of buying it on your country...

brecker wrote:
yw, btw do not remove the battery while it is plugged in and running, it can be dangerous... and using it without battery if your charger is faulty can be dangerous as well...

also on ebay, battery's for your notebook are somewhere between 50-70 usd, perhaps its cheaper for you to get one of those instead of buying it on your country...

Adding or removing the battery while the unit is in operation should have virtually no effect on the unit as far as safety is concerned. The unit can run without the battery just fine as well. The only time that would be dangerous is if there was some other serious issue going on that would be dangerous completely independent of the laptop.

cl-scott wrote:
Adding or removing the battery while the unit is in operation should have virtually no effect on the unit as far as safety is concerned. The unit can run without the battery just fine as well. The only time that would be dangerous is if there was some other serious issue going on that would be dangerous completely independent of the laptop.

Ok, then Buy battery and as the receipt, I will use the laptop without it. Thanks for the answers. :D:D:D

cl-scott wrote:

you sure that removing the battery while the unit is running could not create an internal power spike that could affect the components inside the notebook?