cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG connect vs ROG connect plus

Ultracer
Level 7
May I know what is/are the difference/s?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Shamino
rog connect plus is to be on external device, ie laptop, etc.
rog connect plus is needed to be on client only for BCLK changes on z68/z77 & gputweakit support , ie the pc to be controlled

Shamino wrote:
rog connect plus is to be on external device, ie laptop, etc.
rog connect plus is needed to be on client only for BCLK changes on z68/z77 & gputweakit support , ie the pc to be controlled

UMMM. 2 different answers? Or is it just me? LOL. Manual says " Install ROG Connect on the remote PC". I guess the switch on the back of my head got flipped to the "Off" position. Remote machine is my laptop, correct? 50/50 chance I guess, and I usually miss those!! Gotta say I am loving my new rig. Just wanted to play with the remote part to do a little monitoring. 8120 running beautiful at 4.7. Thanks guys!!

--Scooter B.
😉

OctBeast
Level 8
Rog Connect - For Client pc, meaning the pc/laptop you going to use to control the pc you want to.
Rog Connect Plus - Server, the pc that's going to be controlled
Board: Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD FX-8150 4.74Ghz (19.5*242 1.44V)
RAM: G.Skill 2133 8GB Running @ 1133.2MHz 10-11-10 (1.6V)
PSU: Corsair AX850
GPU: Ati 7950
OS: SSD OCz Agility 3 120GB (Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate)
Cooling: Antec H20 620
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

HiVizMan
Level 40
Since Shamino is the guy who works with the ROG connect and ASUS R&D for the ROG series lets go with what he said. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

8_Pack
Level 12
Install ROG connect Plus on the PC with the ROG board in it you wish to control. i.e Make BLK changes etc

Install ROG connect on the PC you are using to control this ROG board based unit.

I have a virgin RIVE, and am almost ready to pump some life into this mother. I understand that "ROG Connect" software installs on the remote laptop or PC. And that "ROG Connect Plus" software installs on the "local" or PC with the RIVE MOBO. I have several questions. 1: Where can I purchase the ROG Connect extension switch? I've been run around in circles between the Asus eStore & MOBO Support. The ROG Extension Cable is on page 2-24 & 2-54 of the User Guide. Also I need a pair of K Probe Cables for the Zero Sense connector. Sure I'll be back lots of times as I'm OCD.

Boreas

HiVizMan
Level 40
1. What is a this extension switch you speak of, no idea what you mean sorry.

2. The cable is the white USB cable that comes in the box of accessories, one end goes into the ROG connect USB port on the RIVE and the other into your laptop.

That is all there is to it.

The K Type thermo-couplers are normally used when going sub-zero and you have one measuring your CPU LN2 pot and the other in your GPU LN2 pot. But maybe I have misunderstood what you are looking for.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Boreas
Level 7
The ROG Connect Extension Switch allows you to quickly enable/disable the OC Key feature without having reach around to the ROG Connect On/Off Button on the rear. This extension cable connects to OT Header which is item 29 on page 2-2 Motherboard Layout. Thanks for the help.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah ok - use any two wire header that fits and bridge out as needed.

Did not even think of having to use one. I am lazy and simply use two keyboards. One for the OC key and another for the system OS.