cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Software For G73 SW?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I don't know if I have posted this in the right section (I'm new XD)

Can someone please tell me where I can find the software for my Webcam so that I can also take pictures and stuff, I can't seem to find it and the manual also doesn't help me a lot. can someone please tell me where I can find it?

thanks in advance,

Thierry
15 REPLIES 15

Retired
Not applicable
Asus has its LifeFrame application which should have been included with your notebook, or can probably be downloaded from Asus site.

There's lots of free software available (search "free webcam software"), as well as software for purchase.

Retired
Not applicable
Asus does have a virtual software for the webcam, BUT the driver has to be installed first. I found that I cannot use my webcam so I unistalled the driver and the software..... but reinstalling the driver is NOT working for me...
Can someone PLEASE help me with this. I have a g73sw a1. I keep getting an error message when installing the driver and when I restart the laptop it tells the device is not recognized, I do a search for driver and point it in the correct direction and it tells me the driver is already installed for this device but it still does not recognize it. Asus said they cannot help me with this.

OMG HELP ME!!

Retired
Not applicable
VivianNicol wrote:
Asus does have a virtual software for the webcam, BUT the driver has to be installed first. I found that I cannot use my webcam so I unistalled the driver and the software..... but reinstalling the driver is NOT working for me...
Can someone PLEASE help me with this. I have a g73sw a1. I keep getting an error message when installing the driver and when I restart the laptop it tells the device is not recognized, I do a search for driver and point it in the correct direction and it tells me the driver is already installed for this device but it still does not recognize it. Asus said they cannot help me with this.

OMG HELP ME!!

What's the vendor/hardware ID for your webcam?

Even Windows should install a working generic driver for most OEM webcams. But there seems to be a percentage of G73s with a crap model installed...

To the Op... Note that the virtual camera utility mentioned here is NOT required to be installed to use the webcam. It does need a driver however.

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

I searched everywhere on the web but I can't find a working installer for this software, this is because all of this software is for win vista, it says: can't install on versions later than windows vista or something. Can someone give me a link to win7 64 bit software?

thanks in advance,

thierry

Retired
Not applicable
thierry wrote:
Hi,

I searched everywhere on the web but I can't find a working installer for this software, this is because all of this software is for win vista, it says: can't install on versions later than windows vista or something. Can someone give me a link to win7 64 bit software?

thanks in advance,

thierry

LifeFrame 3 is available for download from Asus Downloads.

Click the link above, choose option 3, then use the following search criteria:

Product: Notebook
Series: Apps
Model: LifeFrame 3

Then select the Windows 7 64-bit version

VivianNicol wrote:

OMG HELP ME!!

Exact same problem.

For whatever reason, the driver broke and the device became unknown. I uninstalled it and restarted, it then showed up as a USB Video Device under Imaging Devices and Windows says its functioning. However, Lifeframe, Virtual Camera, SmartLogon and Skype all say another program is using the camera, and the green light never comes on. I know I just need to reinstall the drivers, but can't find them anywhere, they aren't are the ASUS support site.

G73J show the drivers on their page, but nothing under G73S.

Can anyone help?

Chastity
Level 10
I take it you do not have your Driver CD?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Never came with any.. I was prompted to make 5 backup discs when I first booted the computer after purchasing, in the process of tracking those down to see if anythings on there.

Edit:

I did have the disc... but the webcam drivers aren't on there. After playing around with it some more, its now just an Unknown Device again, Windows won't even load the generic drivers anymore after uninstalling and rebooting.

Suggestions?

Chastity
Level 10
Can you go into Device Manager and paste the HW ID string?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]