cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73sw touchpad lock. Any advice?

Retired
Not applicable
Hello
I purchased the Asus g73sw about a month ago. Everything has been great but every once in a while the touchpad locks. I can still tap it or use to two buttons to click but scrolling and moving the arrow wont work. The only way for me to fix this is to restart my computer. It is not because I pressed FN 9, Ive tried to FN 9 and FN9 again to disable and re enable but that dosent work either 😞
Any help?
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
It's a defect that horrifies all G73's. Personally, I think it's the way some of the touchpads are installed. Something really messing with them, but I've owned (through RMA) 3 G73's and the issue was present in 2 of the 3. If that's any representation, that's 66% of them having issues (though my numbers are small).

I'd just RMA it.

xeromist
Some people are having luck removing the tape on the back of the touchpad. Here is a thread where people have discussed different fixes in depth:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?883-Troubleshooting-ASUS-G73-Touchpad-Problems
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

midihooker
Level 7
asus are clowns.
Im Peter, a G73SW user from sweden:)

hardly, they're Taiwanese. asus has always made great hardware, followed with horrible documentation. i think what happened on the G73 and G74 was that they were trying new things. some of those things didn't work. i think some people should do more research into a particular model of laptop before pulling the trigger.

if a piece of tape is the problem, then remove it.

Chastity
Level 10
I may have a test unit I can work with to use to create a proper procedure for fixing this issue. I'll know soon enough, and update as needed.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]