This guide is on the installation of Bigadv folding in windows using Vmware. The image is Linux based and it has been already loaded with a folding client. But before continuing, there are few requirements you should fulfill before proceeding. First, you need a system with 8 or more cores. Intel Core i7 CPUs are the most commonly used. Second, you will need at least 6GB of memory. The virtual machine could use up to 5GB of memory alone. At last, make sure you system is completely stable passes stress testes of your choice.
More info about Bigadv WU: click here
2. Getting the software
Congratulations, you have passed the first requirement of Bigadv folding. Now, you will need to download:
1. VMware player 3.0 (note that: any newer verson won’t support 8 core)
2. Image with linux and folding client.
Both of them are ready right below this.
Linux FAH Image v1.2 - Includes folding client 6.29
Mirror 1 http://folding.braindancer.net/linux...are-FAH-1.2.7z
Mirror 2 http://folding.braindancer.net/linux...re-FAH-1.2.zip
Note: This image can also be used to run the regular 1920 pt Core A2 work units.
VMware Player Download
VMware Player 3.0 - http://downloads.vmware.com/d/detail...QlJSpiZGVkZA==
Note: You will ask to register for free and but make sure you got verson 3.0 after all.
1) Enable VT in BIOS and install VMware player 3.0 in default settings.
2) Extract the image file and store it where there is at least 8GB of space.
3) Start VM player.
4) Click on “Open a Virtual Machine” on the right-side of the VMware window.
5) Locate where you have put the image and double click on the "Linux64_FAH.vmx" file.That will start the virtual machine.
6)Then, you will see a screen like the one below. Get the web configuration address from the virtual machine console.(Where the red arrow is pointing)
7)Entre the web address to your web browser and you may change the setting of the folding client. You may enter your user name, passkey and set 7 or 8 core depending on your needs.The rest is optional, you can leave them as-is. finally, check on “reboot on submit”. After you submit, the VM will reboot and folding will start automatically.
8)To setup folding progress monitoring via HFM.net, follow the instructions provided by the virtual machine,(Green arrow in the previous screenshot). Using HFM.net is highly suggested since it can calculate your bonus points. When you add the client, make sure you have check on ”Client is on Virtual Machine”.
At last, below is the bonus point system which is the same as the one for A3 core smp. If you have not fulfilled them before installing bigadv, I recommend you to first finish 10 WU with your passkey using SMP client with A2 or A3 core.
More info, visit this thread: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...qualifications
Bonus point requirements
1) At least 10 Core A3 or Bigadv A2 work units must be completed before qualifying for bonus points.
2) At least 80% of Core A2/A3 work units must be completed by the preferred deadline.
3) A passkey must be used.
4) One other requirements are met, the bigadv work units must be completed by the preferred deadline.