cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug code 62 no boot

dbpavey
Level 8
So I was haivng some problems with my CF 7970s which I was able to fi by setting the PCIe to Gen2 (see post)
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22543-Dual-7970s-CF-crashes-crashes-crashes\

The computer was running fine. Played games on it for about 5 hours before I left for the weekend. Since I got home I am getting Error 62. It wont let me boot into BIOS.

I have to clear CMOS a number of times before it lets me into my desktop. Once I am at desktop it runs great.

What I notice is when I get error 62 my PCIe lane lights do not turn on. When I do get it to boot i get a "BIOS crashed error, Press F1 to go to setup".

I found this post this morning and was wandering if this is what I should do:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12378-Rampage-IV-Extreme-BF3-Edition-Debug-code-62

I have never updated a BIOS before so that could be the problem to everything. Just wanted some feeedback to see if this is what I should do.

my BIOS version is 2003x64.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Coolermaster HAF-X
Coolermaster 1200w PSU
i7 3930k
H100 cooling
16gb Corsair 2133mhz
Dual Sapphire HD7970s
nothing is OCd

Ive tested my cards individually and both work fine. Once I get past the boot error the computer runs like a champ. Thanks for the help in advance!
48 REPLIES 48

HiVizMan
Level 40
That BIOS that Shamino is referring to is a previous generation BIOS.

You have flashed to a 2xxx series BIOS. Follow the text in my sig to revert back.

Use the same method of flashing the BIOS via the EZflash2 tool in BIOS and not OS please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
That BIOS that Shamino is referring to is a previous generation BIOS.

You have flashed to a 2xxx series BIOS. Follow the text in my sig to revert back.

Use the same method of flashing the BIOS via the EZflash2 tool in BIOS and not OS please.

So I should try 1404 first?

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you wish that is up to you. I currently am running 1404 and it picks up my card correctly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
If you wish that is up to you. I currently am running 1404 and it picks up my card correctly.

Thank you for the quick reply again. I look forward to trying this when I get home.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good mate please do let me know how it goes thanks.

In regards to your sig, do I still rename the BIOS 1xxx to ERALL.ROM and I do use EZFlash2 instead of USB Flashback? Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
If your current bios is 2003 then please do follow the instructions in my sig.

HiVizMan wrote:
If your current bios is 2003 then please do follow the instructions in my sig.

The BIOS reflash didnt help,. Still having my VGA light coming on. Any other suggestions?

I still have to take one card out and pop it in or swap them to get it to boot. Strange =/

Windows installed a few mor updates. I played Planetside 2 and Guildwars 2 for a few hours on one card with no problem. Trying them both again in CF.

The 2xxx BIOS files seems to be having issues on 62-67 Debug codes (which has something to do with CPU Initialization), or at least that's what I went through over the weekend. But in my case, it was 65. My 2105 was running just fine for at least a month, but one day (3-4 days ago), it just stopped booting my system properly.