cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max memory G73JH

Retired
Not applicable
I just got my G73 and am confused. I have read the there is an 8gig limit and I have also read there is a 6gig limit. This is the Best Buy Model. Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Retired
Not applicable
If your motherboard has 4 memory slots then you can use 4x4GB sticks for 16GB.

Retired
Not applicable
I believe it only has 3 and 2 are occupied:
1 4gig stick
1 2gig stick

Thanks for the fast reply!

Retired
Not applicable
It has 4 slots if you can see 3 in the access panel. The 4th slot is on the other side of the motherboard. If you have 6GB then you have 3 2GB sticks.

Retired
Not applicable
Ok I forgot about the other side. Would it Hirt anything if I bought a 4gig card and placed in 1 slot or is it best just to buy 2gig cards and fill up all bays?
Thanks again

Retired
Not applicable
I personally would just get matching memory and fill it up to 8GB. No games I know need or benefit from more than that. I use mine as a desktop for development so I have database and other server processes running all the time while using multiple instances of Visual Studio and assorted emulators and I still never touch 8GB. You may have uses for more.

Details on memory compatibility for these machines are non-existent, but for 2-channel memory I prefer to work in pairs, so no I wouldn't throw in just one 4GB stick....I'd do a pair of 2s or a pair of 4s.

That's just my opinions.

Retired
Not applicable
This is what I found online:

Memory
Memory
6GB
Memory Speed
DDR3 1066
Memory Type
204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM
Max Memory Supported
8GB

It say Max is 8gig. If I put 16gig in my laptop will it work better or is it overkill?

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you so much for the info. All I do is play games and surf the web. I was just wondering about the new DirectX11 games that will be out soon. I will just get another 2gig stick for the time being I can always change later.
Thanks again for all the info!

Chastity
Level 10
if your system has an i5, then it's limited to 8GB. i7 systems can do 16GB.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
if your system has an i5, then it's limited to 8GB. i7 systems can do 16GB.

Simple and fast response. Thanks for the accurate response. I will be getting my Lap soon and i want to upgrade those 8gbs that the i7 have.:cool::cool: