cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workaround for the Subwoofer / Audio Problems G55/G75

Ibz
Level 7
I have tried literally every single VIA Driver released till date and the best one is the Via Audio Driver v6.0.10.1200 as it gives the richest bass effect.
87 REPLIES 87

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Awesome! Congratulations. Thanks for posting.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

c_man
Level 11
The subwoofer cannot be solved my friend. It's a design problem and it will be like this as long as these G75s will work.

Any other EQ setting is a matter of preference.

+5 for 1k for me is just terrible since this was the problem in the first place. Why enhance it? But then again I see Winamp with a different EQ setting, so why set a base for one program only and then change things in that program for the sound to work well?

What I did was a general setting and from that anyone can tweak it. Some did.

c_man wrote:
The subwoofer cannot be solved my friend. It's a design problem and it will be like this as long as these G75s will work.

Any other EQ setting is a matter of preference.

+5 for 1k for me is just terrible since this was the problem in the first place. Why enhance it? But then again I see Winamp with a different EQ setting, so why set a base for one program only and then change things in that program for the sound to work well?

What I did was a general setting and from that anyone can tweak it. Some did.

You are wrong , when i got my g75 i had the subwoffer problem but as i installed the new drivers , the subwoofer doesnt work if you plug in the earphones, atleast mine dont.

Nicely said, man

iMario999
Level 7
I'll install the driver and try the guide thanks.
But do you have the problem where your subfoower plays even when the headphones are plugged in?

EDIT: This didn't fix the fact that my subfoower still play sound with my headphones.

My Subwoofer is fine. I think I got the latest driver, not the super latest one. I think it's the .800. It works fine.

alainberni wrote:
My Subwoofer is fine. I think I got the latest driver, not the super latest one. I think it's the .800. It works fine.

Never had issues with mine either, straight out of the box it has worked fine, even with headphones for the last couple months.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

iMario999 wrote:
I'll install the driver and try the guide thanks.
But do you have the problem where your subfoower plays even when the headphones are plugged in?

EDIT: This didn't fix the fact that my subfoower still play sound with my headphones.

Usually if my sub-woofer or speakers are going when my headphones are in i just unplug them and then replug them in.

eugene_nelson
Level 7
So CMAN, if I understand what you are saying is that the subwoofer will never actually be a traditional lfe? This bums me out if thats true.

I would think they could add an electronic filter on it to do it. Correct me if I am wrong.
G75VW-BBK5