Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Iphone 4 supported by Ai Charger+ ?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

AC changes my phone slower than USB3 i don't really care if you don't believe me :P, Also all the AC changer is is USB 2 Voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by lenehan View Post
    I doubt that. sorry if I blunt. Not even direct AC can do it.
    Intel Core i7 5930K
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme
    EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream PE 360/PE 240, EK-DDC Pump/X-RES 100
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GBDDR4 2800Mhz
    SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 780 TI SC With EK Full Cover VGA Block / BackPlate
    RAID0 Samsung 840 pro 256 SSD, Samsung 840 evo 512 SSD, Western Digital WD Black 1TB
    Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus
    Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Cooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I also use AI Charger successfully with my iPhone 4. And my charge times are very near LiveOrDie. I can fully charge from small red bar to full in less than 45 mins. I love this feature. I also like USB 3.0 Boost. Both features that actually work really well for me.
    5960X @ 4.5Ghz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme 0706
    32GB (4 x 8) Gskill Ripjaws4 @ 2666 15-15-15-35 1.2v
    2 X EVGA Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI
    OS & Apps: Plextor M6e PX-G512M6e M.2 2280 512GB
    Games: Crucial M550 512GB
    Storage: WD Black 1TB
    Corsair AX1200i
    Lian Li Open Air Bench
    CPU & GPUs water cooled with Koolance 800w Chiller

I have not timed the charging with AI Charger, but I have been using the USB Charger+ quite a bit.
    It charges my iPhone 4 faster than normal USB, but iPhone dissapears from iTunes until USB Charger+ is disabled again.
    Have to choose between data transfer or faster charging, which is annoying.
    But then again all of the other AI Suite apps are borked/buggy/annoying as well.
    ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengance 4x4GB 1600
    ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP | Seasonic X-760 Gold | Lian Li PC70
    Samsung 830 256GB | WD Green 3TB | Dell U2711 | Win7 64

fronzel so very true. Conceptually very good, execution needs some attention to match the concept. But like you I am quite happy with the speed of charging when compared to the AC outlet.

Super Moderator Array Zygomorphic's Avatar
    In the Orion arm of a spiral galaxy in the Local Group...

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    I dont have personal knowledge of iPhone4 .. but I re-charge (without ai charger) my
    Samsung Galaxy S ii SkyRocket ( a superior phone with much better resolution than the iphone .. hahaha) using USB.

Even the iPhone5 has a lesser resolution that the last generation of Galaxy S HD .. btw. (hehe).c.
    I recharge my galaxy on USB 3.0 port on the laptop - makes a significant difference in charging time. The only thing faster is a wall-socket to USB converter.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens's Avatar

Well the Iphone 4 does not support BC 1.2 (Battery Charging) Standard that is what the AI Charging on USB3 is all about. So basically no. It is not working on that phone (USB2 has BC1.1). The increase you see in charging speed is due to the fact that you're using a USB3 port which can supply up to 900mA instead of 500mA of USB2.

If the Iphone 4 supported BC 1.2 then it could draw 1.5A with AI Charger but it doesn't.

EDIT: In fact Iphone 4 doesn't even support BC 1.1 as I just found out:
    http://plugable.com/snips/list-of-us...tible-devices/
    All Apple devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad circa 2011) use proprietary signaling to charge above 500mA. They are not BC 1.1 compatible
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Enthusiast Array

iPhone doesn't support BC 1.1 / BC 1.2? No wonder it does not work for me than.

misleading text?

With Ai Charger+, you can now charge BC 1.1** standard mobile devices 3X*** faster than before aside from conveniently charging your iPhone, iPod, or iPad using it´s easy and user-friendly interface.

AiCharger.jpg

I'm going to test with Ai Charger + USB2 next time, maybe that will work? After all for some user here it work with Iphone 4. For LiveOrDie amazing 5% to 100% in 30min
    Last edited by stim; 09-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens's Avatar

Well the fact that "it works" for someone is probably just because they're plugging on the USB3 port alone (not because the AI Charging is on) which lets the device draw more power. Doesn't mean that BC 1.1/1.2 is working since we do know that the standards are not supported by the device.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So to charg an iPhone 4 from 5% to 100% in 30min we need to pluggin on the USB3 port alone (not necessarily with AI Charging on) which lets the device draw more power.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    Well the fact that "it works" for someone is probably just because they're plugging on the USB3 port alone (not because the AI Charging is on) which lets the device draw more power. Doesn't mean that BC 1.1/1.2 is working since we do know that the standards are not supported by the device.
    No you need AI Charging on with out it it will charge slower as i found when doing a reinstall of windows and forgot to install the software.
    Intel Core i7 5930K
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme
    EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream PE 360/PE 240, EK-DDC Pump/X-RES 100
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GBDDR4 2800Mhz
    SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 780 TI SC With EK Full Cover VGA Block / BackPlate
    RAID0 Samsung 840 pro 256 SSD, Samsung 840 evo 512 SSD, Western Digital WD Black 1TB
    Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus
    Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Cooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast