cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound and Speaker

martin_metal_88
Level 8
We don't have anywhere on the forum to talk about sound which is pretty important in a good rig. Here talk about what you use for speaker and sound card, ask question for further buy and other. As long as it's about sound.

I am using M-Audio AV-30 for speaker, a little set of 2.0 which can be add some time for 70-80. I was incredibly surprise first time I power them. For a 2.0 base is rock solid and sound is powerfull. Good replacement for my FX5051. If you are looking for a little set of studio monitor to save some space on the desk. Take a look at them and AV-40 if you want some more connection.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!
12 REPLIES 12

ottoyu34
Level 9
I personally use Logitech Z-2300. Great all around speakers for gaming, movies and music. It needs to pair up with a quality sound card.
Stock is quite balanced, but sounds a bit recessed in the mids. Details are present and I find myself adding more bass for gaming and
movies for more realistic sound. Great quality for the price. I used to listen to music with it. But I moved on the high-end headphones and
it brings these to shame.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Yup Z-2300 was on of the good logitech move on the sound side.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

ottoyu34
Level 9
Oh, mine is 6 years old now. One of the best hundred bucks I've ever spent.

ottoyu34 wrote:
Oh, mine is 6 years old now. One of the best hundred bucks I've ever spent.

Good for you! it's like 2 years that the quality in the sub have been dropped...like the price...now they are still good speaker but a bit more fragile. But still worth the price IMO.
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

martin_metal_88 wrote:
Good for you! it's like 2 years that the quality in the sub have been dropped...like the price...now they are still good speaker but a bit more fragile. But still worth the price IMO.

Back then, I bought it for about $120. Now I see it's selling for $160 at my local stores. and I see the newer one comes with a smaller box.

ottoyu34 wrote:
Back then, I bought it for about $120. Now I see it's selling for $160 at my local stores. and I see the newer one comes with a smaller box.

Yeah true last years all logitech price came up. The z-5500 was like 350 at my job now it's over 400...the Z-2300 was around 95 now it's around 145-150...But 120$ few years ago?? wow that's a pretty good one!
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

Logiech Z-5500

best sound system I ever had. loud, clear, and for the quality no where near as expensive as home theater equipment!!!

Retired
Not applicable
i havent used speakers in a lonnnng time. my last set were these

but i wanted these klipsche pro media... dunno if they are still around.

now i have razer headphones and steelseries.

Retired
Not applicable
I mainly use my headset paired with my sound card to keep the noise down for others, and it helps a lot with my FPS games. For speakers, I have a nice pair of Labtec speakers which my father got a long time ago with a gateway computer. They're pretty good quality but not the best out there.

For a headset I use a Steel Series 5HV2. It may not have excellent frequency response along the entire spectrum since they're gaming tuned but if you wear em for a while you don't notice anymore. For gaming they are amazing, and pair very well with my ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E model sound card. I use Smart Volume and always hear what I need to no matter how many things are going at once.

Also, the fact that I can disassemble the 5HV2 is a big plus for whenever I have to travel with it.