cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm the only one left annoyed with flicker & black lines across the screen?

joyfulPo
Level 8
I've read many posts now claiming this is a driver issue, now where the hell is that driver that fixes the problem cus I have the newest NVIDIA driver from their site.

I still get flicker, more or so under 80% light.
But the black lines across the entire screen is more annoying, seen most in black\grey\dark colors.

So what do I do? Tolate to replace the laptop.

And some claim changing 60 hz to 67 hz fixes issues with flickering but not all, tho this would probably hurt my hardware as it's limit is at 60 hz? Hm.

:mad:
78 REPLIES 78

finalhour
Level 11
joyfulPo wrote:
I've read many posts now claiming this is a driver issue, now where the hell is that driver that fixes the problem cus I have the newest NVIDIA driver from their site.

I still get flicker, more or so under 80% light.
But the black lines across the entire screen is more annoying, seen most in black\grey\dark colors.

So what do I do? Tolate to replace the laptop.

And some claim changing 60 hz to 67 hz fixes issues with flickering but not all, tho this would probably hurt my hardware as it's limit is at 60 hz? Hm.

DId you do a search!? There is a thread about this. Even if it's too late to exchange the laptop you can still RMA if it's on warranty. If it's not...that's not really our problem, and posting about it is kinda pointless in that case
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

finalhour wrote:
DId you do a search!? There is a thread about this. Even if it's too late to exchange the laptop you can still RMA if it's on warranty. If it's not...that's not really our problem, and posting about it is kinda pointless in that case

Those thread are dead ends.

Are you SERIOUS? RMA?

1. You have more people saying it's driver issue.
2. You have more people saying it's screen issue manufacture problem.
3. You have more people saying they have different screens from different manufactures with the same issue.
4. You have people saying DON'T SEND IT TO RMA because it won't fix anything as it's a driver issue.
5. You have people saying send it to RMA.

Now tell me, who the hell am I suppose to listen to?
There is to much nonsense and no facts on the table here.

I think it's about a ASUS resprentitive or NVIDIA came forward! :mad:

joyfulPo wrote:
Those thread are dead ends.

Are you SERIOUS? RMA?

1. You have more people saying it's driver issue.
2. You have more people saying it's screen issue manufacture problem.
3. You have more people saying they have different screens from different manufactures with the same issue.
4. You have people saying DON'T SEND IT TO RMA because it won't fix anything as it's a driver issue.
5. You have people saying send it to RMA.

Now tell me, who the hell am I suppose to listen to?
There is to much nonsense and no facts on the table here.

I think it's about a ASUS resprentitive or NVIDIA came forward! :mad:

If you would have really taken the time to read the other threads, then you would know that it's both a hardware and a software problem. It seems the LCD panel in the G75 doesn't play well with certain dark gradients, but drivers can make them seem less apparent and possibly make them dissapear entirely.

A simple solution for the time being is to connect the laptop to an external monitor/TV. I use this laptop as a desktop replacement and rarely if ever move it around. I didn't buy a 17.3" beast of a laptop for it's portability. Is it mobile when I need it to be? Yes. Am I going to lug it everywhere I go? Absolutely not.

You could have taken the last couple of days to do this research instead of foaming at the mouth with nerd rage and coming here and demanding that both ASUS & nVidia come and hold you hand while explaining it to you.

c_man
Level 11
The flickr was gone with the 67 trick on mine.

The lines are there to last.

c_man wrote:
The flickr was gone with the 67 trick on mine.

The lines are there to last.

It's the lines that are the worst issue for me. I have gone thru 4 x G75VW, all with the same issue.
I'm tired and I think this is a more widespread problem and somebody from ASUS or NVIDIA should speak up,
tell us exactly what the hell this is we are paying for. Give us something!

Secondly, about the 67 trick of yours c_man, could this someway hurt the hardware as there is no setting to put the screen on higher then 60? And how do you do the 67 trick? But most of all, can it do any harm in the long run if the screen isn't built for 67 and will I get any negative effects while playing WoW? Thanks for taking your time c_man!

c_man
Level 11
It's fine.

- Screen might flickr - not everyone has it, but if you do, there is a fix. Under Nvidia control panel/Display/Change resolution you must choose Customize/Create custom resolution and set refresh rate to 67Hz. Test it, keep it, apply it. If this does not help, make sure you have the latest driver and try again. If the problem is still there, you should RMA.

From here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20375-Reasons-to-BUY-G75-...-or-not&country=&status=

joyfulPo
Level 8
Why can't an offical respond on this from either ASUS or NVIDIA as this IS problem with lines is found on 4 out of 4 ASUS G75V that I've returned\replaced with complete new once, no RMA or fix, just 4 complete different orders.

They had all these annoying black lines and I'm starting to believe I have to call the consumer Agency to investigate ASUS.

No way in hell I'm going to RMA a new laptop when I bought 4 of them and they had all the same problem. Not before I know for a fact what is the problem (coming from an offical ASUS representetive)!

dstrakele
Level 14
NVIDIA has Official Feedback Threads for all of their driver releases on the NVIDIA Forum. I recommend posting this issue there on the 306.23 WHQL thread and providing the information they need to troubleshoot this issue. They respond to folks that are serious about trying to find a resolution to video problems.

Alternatively, send a PM to cl-scott and MarshallR@ASUS and ask them directly for comment.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
NVIDIA has Official Feedback Threads for all of their driver releases on the NVIDIA Forum. I recommend posting this issue there on the 306.23 WHQL thread and providing the information they need to troubleshoot this issue. They respond to folks that are serious about trying to find a resolution to video problems.

Alternatively, send a PM to cl-scott and MarshallR@ASUS and ask them directly for comment.

NVIDIA forums have been down for months. Or do they have a secret forum that I don't know about because I google NVIDIA forum and I go thru the NVIDIA.com and it's no forums up. 😞