cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning g75?

Bryan123
Level 7
how can i clean my g75 and make it look as new? i want it to look as new again 🙂 i remember when i open the box and get this monster it looks good in the picture but when you look it in person it rocks \m/
6 REPLIES 6

Fanty
Level 7
When we are at it (cleaning) I may add cleaning of the fans.

I am a bit paranoid about fans since I had send my G73 three times to the RMA because the GFX Fan was defect (exactly every 7 month the fan was broke).
When I buyed the G75 I read something about "dust filters" and "easy to reach and clean" and stuff like that. I now wanted to know how much dirt there already is, after 2 month. And I opened the plate over the GFX fan to look whats inside there.

Well, now I wonder where the "dust FILTERS" are. I also had no "Grids" over the fan like I have seen in a different tread. What I saw looked like it could be the fan itself?

Well, what I saw looked brandnew, not a spot of dirt, but, well you know...one day... hmmm

Woots
Level 11
I use this thing to clean all my PC's and computer stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electr...

Saves bucks on buying compressed air (and since air propellant spritzes chemicals it's usually not that safe either) ... there was always a concern I had with this device early on with static charges developing due to high speed air flowing over the nozzle... but I never seemed to have an issue with that.

Just be careful of nailing your fans dead on with a device like this you don't wanna over spin them... I suggest bracing your finger into the fan to prevent spinning then getting at its inner bits.

Here is a video I found on google with it in action if you wanna see it.

I should note this dude does exactly what you should do with this... blow directly into fans and over spin them... otherwise you get the idea.

It's great for stuff like getting in between circuit boards and keyboards and around heatsinks.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

Fanty
Level 7
Hmm. ok.
Well, I dont want to open the mashine all the way however.

What is up with the Fan-Filters? How can it be that I dont have one? Is there a posibility I get one?

I again saw them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nsPU9ERnA
And when I removed the plate over the GFX Fan, there was no Fan filter grid over it. 😞

I had this hole with the fan, but there was none of these things above it 😞

Fanty wrote:
Hmm. ok.
Well, I dont want to open the mashine all the way however.

What is up with the Fan-Filters? How can it be that I dont have one? Is there a posibility I get one?

I again saw them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nsPU9ERnA
And when I removed the plate over the GFX Fan, there was no Fan filter grid over it. 😞

I had this hole with the fan, but there was none of these things above it

WOW With my G75 I even got an extra set of fan filters. I would call Asus and let them know. Also, if your G75 is the Best Buy version that could be the reason why yours didn't come with them. Best Buy versions of laptops tend to have less quality like the screens and don't come with items like the higher priced laptop from them.

Redneck_Randy wrote:
WOW With my G75 I even got an extra set of fan filters. I would call Asus and let them know. Also, if your G75 is the Best Buy version that could be the reason why yours didn't come with them. Best Buy versions of laptops tend to have less quality like the screens and don't come with items like the higher priced laptop from them.

I found my extra set. Thanks for telling me that there should be one. I rarely open the manual/driver CD bags... *cough*

Ok, it was like that:
The filter for the CPU existed (tested it one minute ago) while the filter for the GPU indeed did NOT exist. I meanwhile placed one of the extra filters there.

I think I paid enough for this thing.
Mine was 2000 Euro (Buyed in Germany). + 122 Euro for an extra year of warranty.
Thats the most expensive Laptop I ever buyed (my G73 was 1600 Euro, my G50 was 1300 Euro. Before that I usualy buyed desktop computers at 1000 Euro or 2000 DM before the Euro)

It had the 3D glasses and all that. Just no freaking fanfilter for the GPU 😞

Redneck_Randy
Level 7
They must not have put them in from the factory then. Shame on Asus. Glad you found the extra set. I have the 3D model also.