Closed Thread

Thread: Q-code AE "legacy boot event"

New ROGer cratkins82 +10

Q-code AE "legacy boot event"

Greetings RoG, hoping you all can help me with an error on my Maximus V Extreme:

I was getting error A2 "ide detect" so I flashed the bios to version 1309. The update solved the A2 error, but now I'm getting error AE which is "legacy boot event." I have no idea what this means. After searching these forums, it appears it can be everything from a GPU problem to bad SSD (I have two I'm trying to RAID) to bad motherboard.

Any ideas? I was going to try to clear CMOS next, just haven't had the time. Anything else I should try?

p.s. I don't know if I can get into bios because I lost my DVI cable in a recent move so I'm trying to troubleshoot this without a monitor. Hopefully, when a new cable gets here tomorrow I'll be able to boot up into bios, but from what I've seen on these forums, error AE usually happens before display is initialized.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Chino +200 Chino +200 Chino +200

Can you give us some more details, please. What are the system specs? Is this a new build? Is it even connected to a monitor lol?

New ROGer cratkins82 +10

Yes this is a new build.

ASUS Maximus V EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready
    Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
    2 x Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD 2560MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

And no it's not connected to a monitor, but as I said the error AE seems to happen to other people before the display is initialized, so I'm not hopeful that I'll get to bios

ROG Guru: White Belt t3kn33k +20

ae is before ao which is drive operating normally , seems like when you flashed the bios you havent set raid up thats all and ae is telling you that there is no drive to boot

ROG Guru: White Belt t3kn33k +20

if its not the drives then clear cmos pull your gpu cable up the cgpu and see if your screen lights up A=dead gpu

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

Wait until you have a monitor and then we can actually do something worth while to fix this.

New ROGer cratkins82 +10

Sorry was out of town all last week, then when I got in I realized I lost my DVI cable when I moved somehow. Finally got a cable the other day and......success!!

I guess for me the AE code did indeed mean no OS loaded. Once I configured RAID, everything went smoothly. Thanks and please close this thread.

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

Yip - all good mate you just enjoy your system.

Closed Thread