cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on G73SW Keyboard Light Problem

Retired
Not applicable
Hello, I recently just got my G73SW-XA1 back from the Asus Technology Services after having a problem with the computer recovery; so now, apparently the lightings on the keyboard doesn't work! I've tried the fn+f3/f4, no luck so far. I've tried reinstalling the ATK Package as well, no luck there either, plus there's some weird error with the ATK0100. I've even tried calling the asus services, but apparently no luck there. But on the side track... I'm missing a recovery partition for some reason, like for instance the asus notebook services suggested checking boot manager and select something with windows 7 partition of some sort, but apparently I did see anything of such. I've even tried using the AI recovery burner to make recovery disks and there's a little notice on the status that states missing recovery partition. Would love some help and guidance right about now :[
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
Similar problem. Just bought the g73S. Ive seen my keyboard light up 1<----- time. After updating windows and installing games it wont light up and none of my FN keys work..... WTH.

dkillone
Level 9
Do the kb lights at least turn on for a sec when booting up? I'd uninstall the ATK package, and download the driver from here, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_WIN7_32_WIN7_64_z100007.zip

Hopefully that will fix, if you do not see the kb lights at least flicker on/off on boot up, then you might have to send it in again. Most likely the un-installing/re-installing will fix your problems though, even if you have to do it twice as some have reported doing before it worked.

Retired
Not applicable
Same problem here, I did a clean install and now the FN buttons and back light won't work. I installed the ATK filter driver and package.

Also I sometimes get a message from Power4G that my laptop is not an ASUS when starting. Not always so I'm not sure whats telling it that.

The ASUS driver site would also have been allot better if they would differentiate between models. I have no idea what wifi driver I should use so I'm sticking with the windows update one.

I also forgot to backup the background and stuff, I thought it would be on the site as wel.