cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Normal" Temperature for GTX 670M in G75VW?

chiilin
Level 10
I am posting this here because I haven't had luck searching for this answer, and people will probably see it here before they see it in the stickied thread where I originally posted it.

I just received a new G75VW-NS71 RT (with GeForce GTX 670M) I bought from Newegg. I am following the guide in this thread "First things to do after buying G55/G75 based notebooks."

Well I've run Furmark Bench Test and my GPU temperatyre stays steady at 97-degrees Celcius. I'm trying to find out if this qualifies as "normal temeratures" as proposed in the guide (that thread). I realize this is a full load test, and 97 is really hot, but maybe it is to be expected? IDK, because that guide doesn't give us a range of temperatures to go by and I don't want to RMA until I get confirmation from some other users.

Thanks! 😄
63 REPLIES 63

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Try gaming and see what temps you get. Stress tests aren't a fair assessment of cooling performance.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Wow, that's pretty high temps.
You should run test about three times, reboot after each time to get a solid bench.

Normal temps in game should get no higher than mid 70's, average temps run 55-70c
in game.

Furmark Bench Test is a "full on stress test", not what you would get in normal gaming.

Edit: I get around 81c when running "furmark", so that 97c seems to be very high!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Thanks for the replies!

Well, I'm actually not ready to start gaming yet because I'm juts setting everything up and I was going to switch in a new 512GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD drive.

I guess I really just need to know more detail from that original stickied post that recommends we all do this after buying a G-series laptop. I'm following Step 4 from that thread I linked above (which is stickied at the top of this forum). But the instructions only say to run Furmark, with no other details, and, "see that you are operating in normal temperatures."

I think that's pretty vague for a stickied set of instructions; I'm just trying to do the right thing.

exchange it right away, for another - 75

WontonNoodle wrote:
exchange it right away, for another - 75

Wow, you sound pretty confident. Are you saying I should be getting 75 or less on a Bench Mark Stress test? Is that what yours does?

I'll wait to hear back from a few other people I suppose, but it looks like I should be sending this back to Newegg; I just hope I don't get the same exact results the next time and find out that is what is expected from these ones they are selling.

Anybody else have any input?

The temp is kinda high, my gpu doesn't go over 70'C in Bf3 with 99% gpu usage and my cpu doesn't go over 67'C. Keep in mind that i game on my desk.
->"ASUS RoG G75VW" Core i7 @ 3.2ghz | 8Gb @ 1600mhz | Nvidia GTX670m OC | 750Gb SSH HDD<-
->"Desktop" Core i5@ 4.6ghz on Noctua C14 | Asus Sabertooth | 8Gb @ 1600mhz | Nvidia GTX480 | 128Gb Samsung SSD + 1Tb Seagate Barracuda HDD<-

Well I got it RMA'd today. They even let me buy a new one on my CC to start it coming to me, and then they will credit back my CC when they get this one back. That will save me some time, and I should have the new one in a couple of days. Hopefully it will have lower temps. I'll report back after I get it tested.

Thanks for everyone's responses! 😉

playing Guild Wars 2 more then 3 hours 65C

Battlefield 3 more then 2 hours between 65c and 70c
ASUS RoG G75VW T1329V -12GB Ram -Intel SSD 256 GB -Seagate Momentus 750GB
ASUS RoG G53SX DH71 -12GB Ram -2 * 750GB WD Scorpio Black

voodoo man wrote:
playing Guild Wars 2 more then 3 hours 65C

Battlefield 3 more then 2 hours between 65c and 70c

I'm sure this is a dumb question for most of you, but; how do you check GPU temperature while playing games? When I do the Bench Test in Furmark it's obvious; but I don't know how to do it while playing some random game.