cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIA Audio Driver v6.0.10.1100 thoughts....and BUGS

finalhour
Level 11
Hey guys and gals,

So others had suggested that he VIA Audio Driver v6.0.10.1100 , which came out on Oct. 22 (YESTERDAY) was decent and seemed to work. After updating to it I'm finding that my volume controls (keyboard hotkeys fn + f10-12) don't adjust the volume correctly if headphones are in, and instead turn the speakers themselves on when you think you're going to be listening through headphones.

Also, even if you manually adjust volume when using headphones, if you stop listening to things for more than a few minutes (from observations) it times out and anything you try to listen to can't be heard. You can fix it by muting and then unmuting your headphones manually (again no hotkeys!).

How can VIA do such a Crap job of putting out drivers? Why update if it doesn't work? Does ANYONE test these!?
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz
16 REPLIES 16

rewben
Level 13
yes i have tested it, with speakers and headphones. the fn+f10-12 keys work for me. the speakers are not turned on when i use my headphones.

please do not update your drivers if they work for you. these so-called latest drivers are not tested and it can break things.

p.s.: there are a number of new drivers from ASUS, e.g. Touchpad_Elantech_Win7_64_Z11521, Audio_VIA_Win7_64_Z60101100, VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_Z918130668, MEI_V81101275_XPVistaWin7_8, KBFilter_Win7_64_Z1005, Atheros_Bluetooth_V72065_V800202_XPVistaWin7_8, IRST_Intel_Win7_64_Z11501207. they are not listed probably because they are currently under testing and are not ready for public download yet. use them at your own risks.

i am using most of them. everything is fine so far.

rewben wrote:
yes i have tested it, with speakers and headphones. the fn+f10-12 keys work for me. the speakers are not turned on when i use my headphones.

please do not update your drivers if they work for you. these so-called latest drivers are not tested and it can break things.

p.s.: there are a number of new drivers from ASUS, e.g. Touchpad_Elantech_Win7_64_Z11521, Audio_VIA_Win7_64_Z60101100, VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_Z918130668, MEI_V81101275_XPVistaWin7_8, KBFilter_Win7_64_Z1005, Atheros_Bluetooth_V72065_V800202_XPVistaWin7_8, IRST_Intel_Win7_64_Z11501207. they are not listed probably because they are currently under testing and are not ready for public download yet. use them at your own risks.

i am using most of them. everything is fine so far.

I meant people at VIA 😉 not you hahaha or anyone on here, but the companies that put these out! 😛
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

finalhour wrote:
I meant people at VIA 😉 not you hahaha or anyone on here, but the companies that put these out! 😛

haha ok 🙂 i think some of the drivers are for development purposes (alpha) and not meant for public. i think i better don't post them from now on, unless it could help provide remedies to some issues.

rewben wrote:
haha ok 🙂 i think some of the drivers are for development purposes (alpha) and not meant for public. i think i better don't post them from now on, unless it could help provide remedies to some issues.

Sooo I tried to go back to the one I had before (not sure what version I had) but I've tried 2 older versions: 10800a and another, and both weren't as I had it before upgrading to the 1100 one (I used to just use the volume fn+f10-12 keys to adjust volume and it would scale the subwoofer too, now it just stays stuck wherever I slide it within the HD Audio Deck).

Can anyone (rewben?) help me figure out what driver to try to go back to (I promise to leave it alone after this!)?

finalhour wrote:
Sooo I tried to go back to the one I had before (not sure what version I had) but I've tried 2 older versions: 10800a and another, and both weren't as I had it before upgrading to the 1100 one (I used to just use the volume fn+f10-12 keys to adjust volume and it would scale the subwoofer too, now it just stays stuck wherever I slide it within the HD Audio Deck).

Can anyone (rewben?) help me figure out what driver to try to go back to (I promise to leave it alone after this!)?

I've noticed that the 900a driver adjusts the subwoofer with the volume controls.
~Azrael's Kiss~

Buildin' my post count one post at a time...

AzraelsKiss wrote:
I've noticed that the 900a driver adjusts the subwoofer with the volume controls.

SO I just ran the uninstall, restarted, and installed 900a like you said, and it's not fixing the subwoofer, the volume bar on it doesn't move when I use the fn+f10-12 keys to adjust volume. Can I get some help resolving this? I just want things back to how they were on my machine!

finalhour
Level 11
i'm pretty sure I tried that one though...I'll give it a go again if you can link me to it...

rewben
Level 13
@finalhour, sorry was away. AzraelsKiss was right, the last one i used was 900a too.

when you uninstalled the VIA driver and rebooted, check if there is VIA-related folders in your Program Files or Program Files (x86). i found them still laying there when i did the uninstall. try remove them, reboot, then carry on with the installation of driver.

rewben wrote:
@finalhour, sorry was away. AzraelsKiss was right, the last one i used was 900a too.

when you uninstalled the VIA driver and rebooted, check if there is VIA-related folders in your Program Files or Program Files (x86). i found them still laying there when i did the uninstall. try remove them, reboot, then carry on with the installation of driver.

huh...I'll try that, is there a reg entry I should search for? To uninstall I've been running the installer and just choosing the remove VIA HD then restarting, running the same installer (900a, also tried 800a) and installing it. I don't see it in add/remove programs so I figured this was the only way to get rid of it and start clean.