cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RunDAOD - C:\Windows\DAODx.exe - Created by ASUSTek

Xarick
Level 7
I have this on the task scheduler, to run at the beginning of any user session.

RunDAOD - C:\Windows\DAODx.exe - Created by ASUSTek

What does it do? Do I need it, or can I delete this task?

The icon looks like a barcode and the date of that file is Monday, ‎30th March‎ ‎2009, ‏‎07:32:40, sized 32,768 bytes.

Motherboard is ASUS Crosshair V Formula
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
DAODx or rundaod = a driver component part of the Realtek Gigabit ethernet controller install package. Disabling this process may result in failure to connect to the internet through this device. (Applies to Realtek RTL8168C/8111C Nic's)
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Xarick
Level 7
But this motherboard uses Intel LAN. Does it mean I can delete that entry?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please specify the hardware that you are using, I do not want to say to you yes and then your system is non-operational.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Xarick
Level 7
ASUS Crosshair V Formula.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/Crosshair_V_Formula/

Says it uses 1x Intel Gigabit LAN Controller. I'm currently using a USB pen Modem for internet access though. A ZTE MF627. I do remember trying to install Intel Gigabit LAN drivers, but it failed to install during setup. When I was accessing internet via ethernet, I was only able to do so with default Windows drivers.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK in that case remove them. 🙂

Xarick
Level 7
Thank you. I'm going to set that entry to Disabled. Does it mean it's okay to use Windows default drivers for Intel ethernet then? Sometimes I have to make use of ethernet, but haven't had any glaring issues with it before.

While you're here, could you help me out on my other topic about RAM compatibility?

HiVizMan
Level 40
For LAN and ASUS motherboards I will only use the drivers on the Mobo support page, I have had untold hassles with Automatic updates from Microsoft Updates for LAN drivers. I now never use anything else but the ASUS drivers for the LAN.