+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 is released tomorrow (retail anyway), where's the drivers at?

ROG Member sevron +10

Windows 8 is released tomorrow (retail anyway), where's the drivers at?

Windows 8 is released to retail places tomorrow the 26th and you'd think the drivers would be up today or something to prepare for it. Any word on when they'll have the Windows 8 drivers up?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Apexing +10 Apexing's Avatar

Yea, I hope they will be out very soon.
    I´ve just downloaded windows 8 with the upgrade assistant, since laptop was bought within time frame to get the big discount on windows 8.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt finalhour +20

As Cl-Scott (I think) or Marshall said in another thread about this (try searching for stuff like this, guys):

ASUS will have it up by the launch day. So if they don't have it up tomorrow, then I'd post on here since it should be up by then.
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

ROG Enthusiast AlanMcKinnon +20

Is the discount only available for the upgrade version of Windows 8? I'm buying an SSD very soon and want to do a fresh install of everything on there. If only the upgrade version is available for the cheaper cost, I wouldn't be able to fresh install it, would I?

No Longer Works at ASUS cl-scott +30

Quote Originally Posted by finalhour View Post
    As Cl-Scott (I think) or Marshall said in another thread about this (try searching for stuff like this, guys):

ASUS will have it up by the launch day. So if they don't have it up tomorrow, then I'd post on here since it should be up by then.
    That's the plan AFAIK. Think most of them are already up, and if not, then anyone near Taiwan can take to the streets with pitchforks and torches looking for glorious leader (MarshallR) starting tomorrow. Well, maybe Monday, because who wants to waste a perfectly good Friday walking the streets in a murderous mob when you could be playing games or something else? Save that for Monday.

ROG Member sevron +10

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMcKinnon View Post
    Is the discount only available for the upgrade version of Windows 8? I'm buying an SSD very soon and want to do a fresh install of everything on there. If only the upgrade version is available for the cheaper cost, I wouldn't be able to fresh install it, would I?
    You can do a fresh install with Upgrade version. I've done so in the past. Even on brand new drives without a previous version of Windows.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Clintlgm +20 Clintlgm's Avatar

I think all you need a a CD/DVD copy of any windows 7 install at least thats all we needed in the past??
    G75VW-DS72 Win 8.1 Pro MC
    Intel Core i7-3610QM
    16 GB Hyundai HTM315156CFR8C-PB PC3-12800
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (GF114M)
    LITEONIT LAT-256M3S Seagate ST9750420AS
    BD Writer

ROG Enthusiast Almost Tactful +10

With as much flak as all of the video game companies have been giving Windows 8 I'll keep 7 lol
    Laptop - ASUS G55VW-DS71 | 3610 | 12GB RAM | 660M 2GB | Mushkin 120GB SSD | Matte 1920X1080 | Win 7 64
    Home - ASUS X58 Sabertooth | i7 930 @ 4.4 | 12GB RAM | GTX 480 SLi | WD 1TB Black | 3840X1080 | Win 7 64
    Work - Intel X58 | i7 950 @ 3.4 | 12GB RAM | GTX 560 | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | 7680X1200 (4 24" IPS Displays)
    Perifs - Logitech G9x | (2) Logitech G19 | Beyerdynamic DT770 250 oHm | PA2v2 Pocket Amp | Everki Black Beacon
    My Portfolio Site - www.amorton.com

ROG Guru: Green Belt bignazpwns +30

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Tactful View Post
    With as much flak as all of the video game companies have been giving Windows 8 I'll keep 7 lol
    Yeah honestly windows 8 is them just trying to force their system on us to buy windows phones and tablets. Android was the final nail in the coffin for windows mobile

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Apexing +10 Apexing's Avatar

If you actualy read the complains that these game makers are making, its basicly just whine from them.
    I myself actualy like the "metro UI" and I´ve got keyboard shortcuts to must of the stuff I had in the old start menu.
    Force us ? rofl all they are doing is say, hey this OS can sync with any microsoft product, I can see how that is bad. ahahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast