cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 is released tomorrow (retail anyway), where's the drivers at?

sevron
Level 7
Windows 8 is released to retail places tomorrow the 26th and you'd think the drivers would be up today or something to prepare for it. Any word on when they'll have the Windows 8 drivers up?
38 REPLIES 38

Apexing
Level 9
Yea, I hope they will be out very soon.
I´ve just downloaded windows 8 with the upgrade assistant, since laptop was bought within time frame to get the big discount on windows 8.

finalhour
Level 11
As Cl-Scott (I think) or Marshall said in another thread about this (try searching for stuff like this, guys):

ASUS will have it up by the launch day. So if they don't have it up tomorrow, then I'd post on here since it should be up by then.
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

finalhour wrote:
As Cl-Scott (I think) or Marshall said in another thread about this (try searching for stuff like this, guys):

ASUS will have it up by the launch day. So if they don't have it up tomorrow, then I'd post on here since it should be up by then.

That's the plan AFAIK. Think most of them are already up, and if not, then anyone near Taiwan can take to the streets with pitchforks and torches looking for glorious leader (MarshallR) starting tomorrow. Well, maybe Monday, because who wants to waste a perfectly good Friday walking the streets in a murderous mob when you could be playing games or something else? Save that for Monday. 😄

cl-scott wrote:
That's the plan AFAIK. Think most of them are already up, and if not, then anyone near Taiwan can take to the streets with pitchforks and torches looking for glorious leader (MarshallR) starting tomorrow. Well, maybe Monday, because who wants to waste a perfectly good Friday walking the streets in a murderous mob when you could be playing games or something else? Save that for Monday. 😄
-.- still no drivers

AlanMcKinnon
Level 10
Is the discount only available for the upgrade version of Windows 8? I'm buying an SSD very soon and want to do a fresh install of everything on there. If only the upgrade version is available for the cheaper cost, I wouldn't be able to fresh install it, would I?

AlanMcKinnon wrote:
Is the discount only available for the upgrade version of Windows 8? I'm buying an SSD very soon and want to do a fresh install of everything on there. If only the upgrade version is available for the cheaper cost, I wouldn't be able to fresh install it, would I?

You can do a fresh install with Upgrade version. I've done so in the past. Even on brand new drives without a previous version of Windows.

sevron wrote:
You can do a fresh install with Upgrade version. I've done so in the past. Even on brand new drives without a previous version of Windows.

and if ever fresh install doesn't work on Upgrade version of the windows 8, you might want to do the buying of SSD first, fresh install your Win7 there, and then upgrade it to Win8. That might work if ever there is no option for fresh install with the Upgrade version of windows 8.

I think all you need a a CD/DVD copy of any windows 7 install at least thats all we needed in the past??
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Almost_Tactful
Level 7
With as much flak as all of the video game companies have been giving Windows 8 I'll keep 7 lol
Laptop - ASUS G751 | 4710 | 24GB RAM | 980M 4GB | Samsung 256GB PCIe SSD | Matte 1920X1080 IPS | Win 10 64
Work - HP 640Z | 6 Core 1650v4 @ 4.0 | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080 | Intel 512GB PCI-E SSD | 7680X1200 (4 24" IPS Displays)
Perifs - Logitech G502 + G933 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Beyerdynamic DT 1770 250 oHm | Schiit Lyr and Bifrost | Everki Black Beacon
My Portfolio Site - www.amorton.com