DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
39 REPLIES 39

Unixsystem
Level 8
BOOOOOO on no raid yet! 🙂

Nodens
Level 16
Which means that it was not a mistake on Intel's part leaving the Hardware ID's out of the RAID .inf on the previous version. There's certainly a reason for it. Mistakes don't happen twice;)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
Im so tired of X79 getting left out!
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

m_oreilly
Level 7
me too...me too... 😞
Asus Rampage IV GENE
i7 3930k @ 4.8 24/7
custom loop
16 gigs Trident X
HIS HD7970
2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0 via UEFI
Crossover 27Q
Win8 pro

Nodens
Level 16
It's not probably "left out". If they don't add it, it means there is a potential problem. And we're talking storage here so you guys should be helpful that it doesn't get added. It's not a video card that fails and it fails. If storage fails your files go with it.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

m_oreilly
Level 7
if your video card fails, you can't see what you are doing. you can always add in a card for storage just like video, and i would assume enterprise do just that, and not rely on onboard storage...i think it's not worth their (intel) time to do so. we bought in to this platform. it's 'old' now. everyone buy the newest one...
Asus Rampage IV GENE
i7 3930k @ 4.8 24/7
custom loop
16 gigs Trident X
HIS HD7970
2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0 via UEFI
Crossover 27Q
Win8 pro

Nodens
Level 16
Well if a video card fails, it's true you can't see anything but you lose nothing (and we're talking drivers here not hardware fail). You get into safe mode remove driver and you're back in game. If storage fails you can lose valuable things. Those photos of your family vacations, or the presentation you prepared yesterday for work, etc etc etc. Data you can not replace. You seriously don't won't the driver enabled if it has any serious issue and the fact that C600 is not enabled on both versions hint that something doesn't work right.

RealBench Developer.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
So what rst(e) driver are you using nodens?
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Nodens
Level 16
I use the 3.5 but I'm not actually using the Intel SATA...I only have a DVD-RW drive connected to it:p My drives are connected to the controller in my sig (which doesn't do fail and doesn't lose data even in case of power failure;)). My data are far too important to me so I'm using 2x RAID 5 arrays + weekly incremental backups of any work related stuff (in case I get extremely unlucky and 2 drives fail at the same time--that's how much I value my data:)).

RealBench Developer.