cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember ME ? Windows 8 makes it look like a success

TSC-Ops
Level 7
best to leave WIndows 7 on your laptop. dont make the bad decision of going to 8 . you will run into more problems than China has people.

MS made a bad decision dont support them on it.

use your g75vw like it was supposed to be used and keep W7 on it
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock
39 REPLIES 39

finalhour
Level 11
TSC-Ops wrote:
best to leave WIndows 7 on your laptop. dont make the bad decision of going to 8 . you will run into more problems than China has people.

MS made a bad decision dont support them on it.

use your g75vw like it was supposed to be used and keep W7 on it

Yours is the only real negative reaction on here. I think maybe you should take a look around and realize that no one else gives a rat's @ss about your rant against windows 8. If you have something substantive to add to the conversation, i.e. specifics, post away, but otherwise you're just being nuisance
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

TSC-Ops
Level 7
you really should read what others are saying here than. its garbage
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

john_from_ohio
Level 11
TSC-Ops wrote:

Nothing much wrong with Win 7 64 bit eh?

Yeah I did a system image onto external ... put in a spare drive ( pulled everything else out ) ... recovered my current system onto spare drive ... did the WIn 8 upgrade.

Did not like the result at all ... a fail for me even after putting a start menu back on ... but we have to remember that Win 8 is supposed to be competing more in the tablet area.

Might be interesting on something like microsoft surface tablet but no way I would run WIn 8 RT ... no idea why microsoft is so far behind on getting the real surface with real Win 8 on it out.

John how did you get a start menu. I'm running a dual boot on a work station with a 24" monitor, its waring my arm out going to that top right corner. I was going to try a Quick Launch tool bar tomorrow that's what i am used to using. Hoping it will work in 8
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

John how did you get a start menu. I'm running a dual boot on a work station with a 24" monitor, its waring my arm out going to that top right corner. I was going to try a Quick Launch tool bar tomorrow that's what i am used to using. Hoping it will work in 8

What are you trying to go to the top right corner for? I understand that's how you bring up the charms menu, but I rarely use it. You can also use Windows Key - C to bring it up as a hotkey.

I'd still like to understand your usage though, because you certainly don't need the charms menu to get to the start menu. Just bring your mouse to the bottom left corner and click to bring up the menu.

Alternatively for commonly used apps, you can pin them to the start bar so you don't even need to go to the start menu to launch them. Also Windows Key - R will bring up the run line, and just Windows Key will bring up the Metro start menu.

I know of a ton of workarounds/hotkeys/ways to do things, so elaborate on what you are looking to do and I'll offer help/tips if I can.

madnj wrote:
What are you trying to go to the top right corner for? I understand that's how you bring up the charms menu, but I rarely use it. You can also use Windows Key - C to bring it up as a hotkey.

I'd still like to understand your usage though, because you certainly don't need the charms menu to get to the start menu. Just bring your mouse to the bottom left corner and click to bring up the menu.

Alternatively for commonly used apps, you can pin them to the start bar so you don't even need to go to the start menu to launch them. Also Windows Key - R will bring up the run line, and just Windows Key will bring up the Metro start menu.

I know of a ton of workarounds/hotkeys/ways to do things, so elaborate on what you are looking to do and I'll offer help/tips if I can.

Agreed...his post is a waste of space. Madnj, can you make a thread with a good list of hotkeys and stuff!?
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

I've been running it since last night and I can say it is fast, but only fast because they took heaps of nice things out.

finalhour wrote:
Agreed...his post is a waste of space. Madnj, can you make a thread with a good list of hotkeys and stuff!?

Which post is a waste? I don't see it.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Clintlgm wrote:

There are several alternatives one is stardocks free trial ... google for windows 8 start menu and you will see reviews on several ...