cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 -> Subwoofer doesn't work

ViktorRu
Level 7
Hello! I use ASUS G75VW, after win8 pro upgrade my subwoofer doesn't work.
Audio drivers are from Microsoft. I tried any VIA drivers (from win7 driver page, from asus g46 driver page, latest from via site) and every time I get the same. When install starts I get: "Can't find any HD device". I have already twice reinstalled win 8 to be sure that it's not my fault. Win 8 is licensed and downloaded from microsoft site.

What can I do to fix this?
19 REPLIES 19

X-ROG
Level 15
The G46 does not have a subwoofer so it will not help your G75 sorry.

Unfortunately the G75VW Windows 8 drivers for the VIA platform are not ready yet sorry. We can only suggest rolling back to Windows 7 for a short while.

Thanks for reply! At least I know what to expect.
Rolling back isn't a variant I spent a lot of time to find all drivers and adjust win 8. So I'll wait...

I am using my G75VW not for games (it's perfect even for hard working) and I may say that programs work really faster in win 8. So no rollback and wait for win 8 drivers.

Do you know at least probably when they gonna be ready?

I went to the Via Website a couple of weeks ago, they had Windows 8 drivers then.

Duplicate message.

I'm also awaiting the drivers for this laptop. PLEASE make them available ASAP. I'm loving Windows 8, so much faster and lighter feeling than Win7. Please get the drivers for this right (the Win7 Subwoofer LFE fiasco is not something I want to relive), I love ASUS, but sometimes you guys confuse me.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
The G46 does not have a subwoofer so it will not help your G75 sorry.

Unfortunately the G75VW Windows 8 drivers for the VIA platform are not ready yet sorry. We can only suggest rolling back to Windows 7 for a short while.

Techinstein
Level 9
I have Windows 8 Pro 64 bit of course and installed all of the drivers the only one i cant get installed is the bios one no built in setup. I also got all the keyboar dfuntions working now all i need is subwoofer i even got hybrid button working 😄

My machine: G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 Pro :cool:

My YouTube: EpicTechinsteinTime

Have you tried directly from Via? http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp.
I got my Win7 drivers there and they show Win 8 drivers for download.

I have tried the VIA drivers, at least on my install (and I have a G75VW-BBK5 variant) the drivers fail install reporting "We couldn't find HD audio device". So that seems a bust. I also tried installing the drivers manually, i.e., without the setup tool, and had no luck. So the drivers on the VIA site are a no go.

Either way, I think G75 owners need specific drivers that support the subwoofer. I currently have audio out of the box, with default MS Drivers, just no sub, which sucks because the speakers are too quiet without the sub.

tkolarik wrote:
Have you tried directly from Via? http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp.
I got my Win7 drivers there and they show Win 8 drivers for download.

Micro also doesn't work with out drivers ((