+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows 8 -> Subwoofer doesn't work

New ROGer gulag17 +10

g75vw subwoofer fixed

this link will take you to the driver needed to fix the subwoofer problem created after upgrading to windows 8. I contacted ASUS support and after 2 emails got the correct driver and now my subwoofer works great again.

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download....4_Z6016728.zip

ROG Guru: Orange Belt finalhour +20

Quote Originally Posted by gulag17 View Post
    this link will take you to the driver needed to fix the subwoofer problem created after upgrading to windows 8. I contacted ASUS support and after 2 emails got the correct driver and now my subwoofer works great again.

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download....4_Z6016728.zip
    ^that's a different company (realtek) for the soundcard/driver...we all have VIA and thats a link to the G75 VX not a VW
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

New ROGer gulag17 +10

Quote Originally Posted by finalhour View Post
    ^that's a different company (realtek) for the soundcard/driver...we all have VIA and thats a link to the G75 VX not a VW
    I also have the G75VW, this driver works though. I installed and walla subwoofer works.

FYI, this does not work on a ASUS G75VW-BBK5.

Quote Originally Posted by gulag17 View Post
    I also have the G75VW, this driver works though. I installed and walla subwoofer works.

Recognized Troll Quasimodem +20 Quasimodem's Avatar

I believe these drivers have gotten my subwoofer to work... It's hard to tell... the volume is so much lower than it used to be... Pandora used to be 3x as loud...

Also, I seem to be missing the Audio Control progam... I did a clean install of 8, used all of the drivers from the Asus support site, with the exception of all bloatware except Power4Gear... anyone know what I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by BNaughty View Post
    Also, I seem to be missing the Audio Control progam... I did a clean install of 8, used all of the drivers from the Asus support site, with the exception of all bloatware except Power4Gear... anyone know what I'm missing?
    Uhhh the audio driver from the G75VW...the posts above are explaining that the link that person posted are for the G75VX, which isn't even released yet and has a different sound setup. You need the audio drivers from the Win 7 version.
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by finalhour View Post
    Uhhh the audio driver from the G75VW...the posts above are explaining that the link that person posted are for the G75VX, which isn't even released yet and has a different sound setup. You need the audio drivers from the Win 7 version.
    Ok thanks... I started fresh with 8 and installed the 8 drivers for vw... No Audio Deck... So I'll uninstall all that, and install the 7 version, then run an update.... Thanks... Did the above VIA driver fix your sub? and why is audio so much lower than it used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by BNaughty View Post
    Ok thanks... I started fresh with 8 and installed the 8 drivers for vw... No Audio Deck... So I'll uninstall all that, and install the 7 version, then run an update.... Thanks... Did the above VIA driver fix your sub? and why is audio so much lower than it used to be?
    You shouldnt have audio troubles after the VIA (win 7) install. The Win 7 drivers make the sub work, but I can't get it scaling with the 10600 driver (newest win 7 one on ASUS page)...the 10900 one is supposed to let that happen but I don't want to mess with mine anymore until I'm home on thanksgiving break. Make sure that your not turning an equalizer on too, that could lower audio.

ROG Member ViktorRu +10

I have downloaded 10.1200A driver. Got the same "No Any HD Device found", but installed them. Then I have manually updated HD audio drivers and my sub works ))) There some problems with quality of it's work but any way it works at least.

Microphone also works )))

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip
    Last edited by ViktorRu; 11-13-2012 at 10:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2