cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth z77: no signal from HDMI if graphic card is plugged

aur0n
Level 7
Hello there,
recently I bought an Asus Z77 Sabertooth.

I installed my GTX 560 on it, and I'm experiencing a problem. My primary monitor is linked with the graphic card with the DVI plug, and works fine. If I try to connect my 2nd monitor with the motherboard HDMI output, the 2nd monitor isn't recognized at all.

I also tried to unplug the GTX and just use the HDMI output port, to check if it's broken or something. It is not, without the GTX onboard it works correctly.

Is there anything I can do?
7 REPLIES 7

SUKARA
Level 10
Sorry...
Did you want to used LucidLogix feature?

LucidLogix Introduction:

LucidLogix Virtu MVP featuring HyperFormance™ Technology boosts your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance through the test of 3DMark Vantage. Designed for Intel® processor graphics and Windows® 7 PCs, it perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with fast computing iGPU. Also with the newly designed Virtual Sync, users can enjoy a smoother gaming experience by eliminating tearing artifacts. LucidLogix Virtu MVP could also dynamically assign tasks to the best available graphics resource, based on power, performance and system load. This allows users to fully utilize 3x faster video conversion with Intel® Quick Sync Video 2.0 technology while retaining high-end 3D rendering and gaming performance, provided by both NVIDIA® and AMD graphic cards. When the discrete graphics card is not required, power consumption goes automatically down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly. For users searching for perfection, LucidLogix Virtu MVP provides great graphical performance and the best flexibility and efficiency.

Thomas
Level 10
Unless you want to setup Lucida Virtu MVP I would suggest just connecting both monitors to the VGA card that you have, you may need to buy an adapter though depending on what inputs your 2nd screen supports.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

HiVizMan
Level 40
For two monitors use the VGA connectors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Use the DVI connectors on your 560, it will handle both monitors...that's how I currently have my 2 screens...at least until I finish off my Server and unplug one of them lol

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Question: does the Sabretooth Z77 have iGPU and did you enable it in BIOS with the 560 installed?

tkolarik
Level 9
I tried the LucidLogic thing and it didn't improve my video, it just heated up the Intel CPU.

TL
Level 7
Have you tried enable iGPU Multi-Monitor in BIOS and have iGPU driver installed?
I'm on M5E and Matrix 7970 and it works for my case.

PS: FYI, i didn't have Lucid VIrtu MVP installed