cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVidia GeForce 660 GTX Drivers for Windows 8

Leonardo2D
Level 7
Does anyone know a NVIDIA VGA driver that actually installs and works for Windows 8?
I have upgraded to Win8 before reading the note that I should uninstall old versions and install version V9.18.13.0668 but I couldn't find that version anywhere in ASUS site.

Downloading the latest drivers from NVIDIA website doesn't work as they don't fine "compatible hardware".

Anyone has directions regarding this?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

rewben
Level 13
your GPU model is 660M, not 660. please choose to download the notebook version of the driver. it works.

rewben wrote:
your GPU model is 660M, not 660. please choose to download the notebook version of the driver. it works.

^ This.

I've been running win8 with 0 problems. (Thus far)

Noiroi
Level 7
works for me. Running 306.97 with zero problems.

Running W8 with 306 and tried 310, many problems. Would not play League of Legends, Lags every 10 seconds in Runescape, plays Garrys Mod and Minecraft Fine, not sure about any actually high end games as I have it partitioned off to a 60gb partition. Anyways, hope they can fix LoL and Runescape as LOL is my main competitive game and I like runescape and screw you, i still play it 🙂
ASUS G75VW-BBK5 - 750GB + 8GB Hybrid Solid State/7200 RPM, 1TB 5400 Storage Hard Drive, i7 3610QM, GTX 660M and proud, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, runs quiet as a mouse, cool as an icebox, and three times the computer my Roomate's Macbook Pro is for $50 less.

madnj
Level 9
I'm running 310.33 with no problems at all... I am running EVGA PrecisionX to lightly overclock my GPU +135Mhz on the core, +400 memory, and things are stable/smooth.

The only other thing I can think of is the power scheme you are running. Ensure you are running the high performance scheme as I've seen framerate issues with anything else.