cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSODs, crashes, utility installation faulires

Retired
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
So, ever since I powered this sytem on and reformated, I've had nothing but problems.

First of all, I get BSODs with no particular error code.

Second, computer screen just goes black every so often and I need to reboot to get it back on.

Thirds, AI Suite II refuses to install, and even after all the searches I've done, I still can't get it to work.

My BIOS is loaded to default, and (I believe are 1202). I haven't been able to update them because I don't have a USB drive handy, nor can I install ASUS updater (see third point above).

My setup:
Asus ME4
Intel i7 2600K
G.Skill Reaper X 8GB (2 x 4GB) @ 1333 - installed in the red slots.
2x EVGA GTX 460 in SLI (using slots 1 and 3)
1TB Seagate drive Connected to slot SATA6G_1
2TB WD Black connected to SATA6G_E2
DVD-Rom drive connected to SATA3G_5

I'm running on a Corsair AX850 PSU, so power is definetly not an issue.

Any help would be appreciated, and BSOD screens will be posted as they appear.

Thank you all in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Retired
Not applicable
You can download from the Asus web page a file that fix instalation for AI suite II, then try again.

Retired
Not applicable
Zorinjo wrote:
You can download from the Asus web page a file that fix instalation for AI suite II, then try again.

I have downloaded the file, and ran it, but it didn't seem to do anything. Is there a particular directory I need to put it in? It doesn't come with any instructions.

Retired
Not applicable
Alright, AI Suite has been installed. Now just need to figure out the rest.

Also, on top of my other issue, I do not have the option of enabling SLI in NVidia control panel. Tried clean install of drivers and using a single monitor setup. 😞

Retired
Not applicable
Make sure you have the SLI connector on and then enable from the Nvidia GUI

Check your XMP profiles for your memory, some memory really likes that voltage and is not stable without it.

Retired
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you mean by XMP profiles. I'm using the default settings, nothing is OCed.

In addition to all the issue's I've experienced so far, I am also getting a code 30 in POST on the motherboard. Any explanation?

EDIT: RAM wasn't seated properly... -_-

Retired
Not applicable
Im having the same problem with my Maximus III Gene. I wa using Kingston ValueRam for 8 months with no problems , but as soon as I changed to Corsair XMP3 DDR3 1600MHZ ram two weeks ago the problems started. Ive tried everything , including downclocking the ram and using XMP , but wen I am gaming my games will only run for 10 minutes and crash. Also I am getting all kinds of software errors. Ive run memtest on the ram and one stick of ram was bad , but the stick of ram I am using now is perfect after four passes of memtest V4.2 which takes over 4 hours. Also I know my ram is seated right , because Ive had it in and out of my motherboard about five times and reseated it. The ram cant be pushed in any harder without damaging the motherboard.