Thread: Windows 8 - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Software

ROG Member Array

MVG Windows 8 - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Software

So I recently updated to Windows 8 and installed the latest Realtek chipset audio drivers but when I went to install the Sound Blaster X-Fi utilities, they installed correctly but don't run. It gives me a message about no supported device found when I try to run the SB console manually. Does anyone else have this problem or will they be updated to work correctly? Using this version from the asus member download section: "Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 2 Utility V1.04.01 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit" with "Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6699 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)".

Totally forgot to post that this is on a Maximus V Gene.
    Last edited by Someguy316; 10-31-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: The panel works, it's the console that doesn't.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Did you have installed another PCIE device on the motherboard?
    Or try the link form Creative download site
    http://support.creative.com/KB/showa...sid=61105&h=13

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

i have it running fine but the only thing is that the little speaker icon doesn't work , so i haved pinned the program to the taskbar , minor for me but definitely needs a proper overhaul as the jukebox etc desktop icons fail as windows needs and app to go buy the link , i guess i'm lucky

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SUKARA@ASUS View Post
    Did you have installed another PCIE device on the motherboard?
    Or try the link form Creative download site
    http://support.creative.com/KB/showa...sid=61105&h=13
    I don't have another sound device plugged into another slot; which of the programs on the list is the sound blaster program exactly?

I'll try looking more into it; thanks for the replies letting me know it should at least work.

Edit: I never bothered to fix this issue as I just decided to get an external USB DAC. Looked at the newest version of SB X-Fi from the motherboard utilities and the audio driver; still the same thing.
    Last edited by Someguy316; 01-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.