cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more sli

grassy
Level 12
I have taken my 2 690's off quad sli and am sticking with the multi gpu config on the one 690 and the games are actually running a little smoother. I think the 2 690's in quad sli was a massive overkill with only my 1 monitor. Only one 690 has 2 gpu's anyway so its sort of like running 2 680's in sli. I think though i will hang on to the other 690 card and wait until the nvidia drivers advance a little more. What do you guys think.:)
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
48 REPLIES 48

kkn
Level 14
good choice 🙂
or you can smack it in a old pc and use it there, if thats an option.

grassy
Level 12
Thanks for the vote of confidence on my choice as i wasnt sure if i should do it or not. I have always wanted to see what it was like to run my computer in sli, but it just wasnt happening the way i thought it would so i guess i will just have to wait until its the right time due to my current setup. I would like to venture into overclocking a little but havnt got the nerve to take the risk, plus i dont know if the benefits would be justified.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
From what I have heard Grassy....anything over Tri-Sli in games at the moment is a waste, most games at the moment are starting to target Tri-Sli setups, so it may be a while yet before they demand 4 GPU's lol. Of course, if it's possible...you could always put the 690 back in and set one of the GPU's to Phsyx, not sure though as i've never even used SLI, nor set a card for Phsyx.

HiVizMan
Level 40
AND you are running SLi. True on one card, but SLi none the less.

As to what you should do with the card. I will email you my address, ship it over to me and I will bench the living daylights out of it for you. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:

As to what you should do with the card. I will email you my address, ship it over to me and I will bench the living daylights out of it for you. 😄

Then you can send it to me and we'll pretend like it got lost in the "system" 😛 :cool: LOL!!!

HiVizMan wrote:

Ha ha, good one HiVizMan:) You sound like a man who knows what he wants.Good one.

This is how it is setup now as opposed to quad sli.

grassy
Level 12
I still have the second card in my machine but i cant understand what it is doing, plus in the right hand side of my pic under phys x settings the phys x box is not ticked but it still shows phys x in the box below. Can someone explain this to me or what is happening. Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah it is doing what you have told it to do. Auto detect which card to offload the physics too. And the card does not need a bridge to do that work.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.