Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G75VW BIOS, v.221

Sunrise2000
Level 8
1.Modify ASID.
2.Update GOP

What means ASID and GOP?

Anyone have flashed? Everything all right?
65 REPLIES 65

Hyugafe
Level 7
ASID doesn't say anything right now, could be related to UEFI?

GOP is Graphics Output Protocol.

Hyugafe wrote:
GOP is Graphics Output Protocol.

And here I thought ASUS was attempting to rig today's elections by altering the Republican party's electronic vote count....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

DeltaActual
Level 12
i did and i think it's a bit quieter now
G614JV

finalhour
Level 11
I'll wait for the braver users on here to flash to it. I'm happy with my current BIOS but if this offers any improvements I'd love to hear what they are/get a consensus from power users on here 🙂
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Finalhour, after being "bitten" a time or two (thousand) when XP & then Vista were the rave, I tend to use your same philosophy when it comes to any (specific but unnamed) OS manufacturer's updates. Let someone else do their beta-testing for free? 😉
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

bignazpwns
Level 11
Good old Asus not telling us what they did with it. The whole update and modify are screaming this will screw up your system because we dont know what we were doing. How about some notes Asus or would that go against your 1/2 way job company policy.

From what i can see the bios has been changed for some better windows 8 support. I wont flash it because if they don't have time to make up some notes for it they don't have time to code right and it will prob give me more problems when a bios made by a 5 year old.

cheek
Level 9
im a pussy when it comes to flashing untested bios. and i think many would agree this pussiness is totally warranted...

StereoROG
Level 7
why was i expecting positive comments in this thread as my eyes were filled with happiness and joy when i saw these words:

BIOSSSS

UPDATEEEEEE

but then reality hit me with words like pussiness and consenus, whats happening to the world , whats happening to ROGGGG...

madnj
Level 9
Just flashed, no issues to report. Loaded the new winflash and flashed the extracted BIOS zip.

It took about 3-5 minutes to wipe/flash/verify, and then rebooted. On reboot, keyboard backlight was turned off, but on bootup toggling them back on worked just fine.

Consider me an early guinea pig with no issues to report.