cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivizman needs some help...

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK this is very simple. I have a M5E motherboard.

I want to install XP on the M5E motherboard. I can not get that to happen.

I keep getting this error.

I have tried with 15 different versions of XP, from 84MB in size and stripped so bare that if I move my mouse too quick the OS will fall over. 😛

To a full retail version with SP3. Still get his error.

I have tried to install via DVD, CD and USB stick. Still nothing.

I can install any and all the different OS's on a M4E motherboard with no problems.

My BIOS version is 1309

SSD - will try a mechanical platter HDD.

My BIOS is set to defaults, and the only change is with the SATA controller in IDE mode. (Have also tried with AHCI and RAID mode)

Any ideas?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
89 REPLIES 89

TenBlade
Level 11
Did you already set harddrive controller in BIOS to Compatibility mode / IDE?

TenBlade
Level 11
Could it be a memory issue? Try with only one stick.

Chino
Level 15
I've been there. M5E is picky with Windows XP. :rolleyes:

1. Is the SSD the only thing plugged into the Intel SATA III ports?

2. Did you slipstreamed the SATA AHCI drivers into the full retail SP3 ISO?

Skull6
Level 10
This link says it may be that you have to put the BIOS in SATA:IDE prior to installing XP (Don't know if you changed this setting prior to installation)
http://radianceguild.board-directory.com/t134-solution-to-stop0x0000007b0xf78d65240xc00000340x000000...

The issue may be that most SSDs (except for all but the smaller ones for laptops) don't play well with the IDE interface, from what I've seen. I am curious to see if you still get this blue screen using the mechanical HHD.

I'm also curious as to why you'd want to use XP with that board, when Win 7 is out & solid & 8's on the shelves as well. Is this some sort of test?
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Same error with a mechanical drive.

More interesting, taking an XP OS that is fine on the M5G board, it does not post. Gets to the hand over point and then BSOD to the same error.

I bench. XP is more efficient for certain things. Just as Vista is more efficient for one benchmark. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15

Skull6
Level 10
So it is a "test thing," which makes much more sense. & yes, I'm with Chino. Everything I'm finding out on the internets is leading me to believe that it's something to do with the interface--& I have seen more than one forum mention what Chino is asking.
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

HiVizMan
Level 40
One of the OS had slipstreamed AHCI drivers yes. Busy doing it again myself.

Chino
Level 15
MVE has a problem with stripped OS. Remember my pms of frustration? lol Might as well try using your Retail SP3 first.

If all fails, let me know. I'll upload you the stripped OS that worked for me. I had to dig through all my Win XP ones just to find one that would work. 😛 It's a little less stripped than the 84MB one I sent your before. Ram usage from a fresh install is like 60MB. But with some tweaking you can probably get it to the same level as the 84MB one. 😛