cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Build Log] Mil-Spec

B_NEGATIVE
Level 7
It seems my SR2 build has drawn some attention :thumb: and as a result i have been contacted by a friend wanting me to build him a nice gaming rig for his son for Christmas.

So i specced him a nice machine that can play games all day long for a reasonable price.

So......the specs......

Intel Core i5 3570K,1155, Ivy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 5 GT/s DMI, 650MHz GPU, 6MB Smart Cache, 34x Ratio, 77W, Retail

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel Z77, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0, DisplayPort/ HDMI, ATX

3GB EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked+, 28nm, PCIe 3.0, 6008MHz GDDR5, GPU 980MHz, Boost 1059MHz, Cores 1344, w/ Backplate

Corsair Vengeance C70 High Airflow Military Green Mid Tower Gaming Case with Side Window USB 3.0 2x120mm Fan w/o PSU

750W Corsair Pro Series Gold AX750, Modular, 90% Eff', 80 PLUS Gold, SLI/CrossFire, EPS 12V, Quiet Fan, ATX, PSU

Corsair H100 Hydro Series Extreme Performance CPU cooler, S775/1155/1156/1366/2011/AM2/AM3

120GB Kingston HyperX, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SandForce, MLC-Flash, Read 555MB/s, Write 510MB/s, 85k IOPS Max

1.5TB Seagate ST1500DL003 Barracuda LP, SATA 6Gb/s, 5900rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms OEM NCQ

120mm Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition, High Pressure, 2350rpm, 62.74CFM, 35dB, 3-Pin, Twin Pack

Corsair Memory Vengeance Green 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Quad Channel

The case is having some minor modding done,panel swap for a clear window with no fan mounts,lights....all your favorites.

This is not going to be a drawn out log,this will be turned around in a week or so.:thumb: (EDIT:maybe a bit longer as there is a loop going in after all)

Nice little gaming rig i think,You?
19 REPLIES 19

B_NEGATIVE
Level 7
So,a little picture deluge i think,no need to explain anything yet as its all at the basic stage of things.

Now we start to get the modding trousers on...

Start simple i think,i dont want to detract from the chrome goodness coming......

So,you know whats coming...time to get the pipe benders back out!!

Just a small update...

My friend came round yesterday to have a look at the progress and to deliver a second 660Ti.

So,while the rig was out of the box,i installed the OS and got myself ready for doing the loop when the final bits arrive from XSPC.

And Yes,there will be a Sli cover going on that ugly ASUS bridge.

More progress.....

Front panel roughed out before final filing

360 rad test fit.

Rad painted and fitted and pipe work set out.
Still needs some alignment tweaks but this is the routing.

D5....of course.

Fitted and filled.

So all i have left to do is the front panel paintwork,the last bit of wiring and tidying and choose what fluid to run.

I am actually enjoying working on small cases again!

The interior is finished and the loop is bled.

Front panel is done,just need to do the final cut on it.

All i have to do now is a reasonable OC on it and install all the bits and bobs.

Well,thats it,its pretty much done...

Some dark shots to show off the lights...

Perhaps a little work on sorting that little bit of light bleed..

That all kids! If there is a few days sunshine then i might do some outdoor shots....

Thanks for hanging in there reader.

I hope you thought it was worth it.

Skull6
Level 10
LOL! When I was first wearing the uniform, I was instructed that "If it moves, salute it. If not, paint it green!"

Here you've made a movable object, but yet painted it green...

Thanks for the flashback! (& the headache, too!!! 😉 )

AWESOME build. I especially appreciate the "view through the night vision device" look you've created inside. (Too bad you couldn't have all the lettering on the components inside done in "Stencil")
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Skull6 wrote:
LOL! When I was first wearing the uniform, I was instructed that "If it moves, salute it. If not, paint it green!"

Here you've made a movable object, but yet painted it green...

Thanks for the flashback! (& the headache, too!!! 😉 )

AWESOME build. I especially appreciate the "view through the night vision device" look you've created inside. (Too bad you couldn't have all the lettering on the components inside done in "Stencil")

Someone finally gets the green LED!!!
Thanks man,i appreciate your comments.
I posted this everywhere,didnt think to put it here too....what a tool....