I hope it is okay to post a problem with my new notebook here. maybe someone has an idea how to resolve it.
my problem is, that I didn't get any sound at the connected headset.
if I connect a normal pc headset (eg. from logitech) to the audio output (sp/dif connector) it seems not to be recognized. the sound still comes from the internal speakers and there is no sound at all at the headset.
- the headset is working fine for other computers
- I also tried another headset, which didn't work too
- after buying this notebook I ran the windows update several times until all updates have been installed
- the initial driver version for the VIA High Definition Audio device was V6.0.01.10400. I updated the driver with the version V6.0.01.10600 from the asus download site
- after installing this new driver I could find a new device in the windows sound configuration as well as in the VIA HD VDeck config tool called "headset". also with setting this device to "default" there was still no sound. after rebooting the notebook the headset device disappeared in both config tools (windows sound manager and VIA HD VDeck)
- right now windows identifies two devices (except the NVIDIA for HDMI). 1.) the internal speakers and 2.) a SPDIF Interface. also by setting the SPDIF Interface to be the default device I have still no sound at any headset
some more hints/questions:
- as SPDif is usually used for digital output, is it actually possible to connect a normal (non digital) stereo headset, or is there a special headset required?
- it seems that the connected headset is not recognized, because according to the manual the sound of the internal speakers should be muted, if a headset is connected at the SP/Dif connector
additionally I attached some screenshots of my settings. unfortunately they are in german, because this is my native language. maybe they are helpful anyway.
I would kindly ask you for a solution, because right now I can't use this notebook as intended. neighter for gaming at home nor for listening music in the office because if sound is only comming from the internal speakers, I always disturb the people next to me.
thank you in advance!