cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Load ICMP.DLL Popup Error

pixelman
Level 7
Any Crosshair V Foulula-Z MB owner run into a popup where the box label says reads "AsFTP" and inside it is the error message "Unable to load ICMP.DLL"? It keeps popping up during various applications. How can I tell what this links to and how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Hard Drives: Seagate 7200 RPM 500 Barracuda plus 4 other data drives
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Card 02G-P4-2643-KR
Case: Antec Sonata IV - ATX Mid Tower Case
CPU Cooleer: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler System
Pixelman

MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z (CPU: AM3+ Chipset AMD 990FX/SB950)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Card 02G-P4-2643-KR
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
icmp.dll errors indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware issue or even a hardware failure. What were you trying to open or install when you got/get this error?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
icmp.dll errors indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware issue or even a hardware failure. What were you trying to open or install when you got/get this error?

Thanks for responding. When it has occurred I have been working in some application. I started a log to keep track of the specific applications since my memory is hazy on which ones. I do know it has been a few. Not suring any software or hardware installs that I recall. Does the name of the error box "AsFTP" offer any insight at all into the origin? I did run my registry cleaner (CCleaner) and it did show some broken links to some DLLs but not the specific one.
Pixelman

HiVizMan
Level 40
Which AV system do you use? And it might be a good idea to run a malware scan of your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Which AV system do you use? And it might be a good idea to run a malware scan of your system.

I am using the most up-to-date version of AVG. Do you recommend an additional malware program above this?
Pixelman

speed
Level 12
Run malware bytes and avast.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not a big fan of AVG nor is that application a dedicated malware tool. Please do try malware bytes, it is a stand alone application that you can run to identify and remove those nasty things that your AVG might not even pick up.