cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS MARS II Graphics Card Pictured

ottoyu34
Level 9
The Republic of Gamers MARS II, detailed earlier, is a new custom dual-GF110 based graphics card in the works at ASUS. Here are some of its first pictures, revealing a monstrosity that's about as long as a Radeon HD 5970, a couple of inches higher, and three slots thick. Its cooler sticks to the black+red color scheme in use with ASUS ROG products for a while now, and uses an intricate cutout design.

The shroud suspends two 120 mm high-sweep fans that blow air on to two heatsinks with highly dense aluminum fin arrays to which heat is fed by copper heat pipes. The card draws power from three 8-pin PCI-Express power connectors. The card uses two NVIDIA GF110 GPUs with the same core configuration and clock profile as GeForce GTX 580, effectively making MARS II a dual-GTX 580, which also provides the overclocking headroom of a GTX 580, something impossible on a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590.

one of the best looking cards of all time, all time.:cool:
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
I agree it looks good, now when can we buy one and how much is it?

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you so much for the nice pictures my friend

Since I'm very interested I wonder when ASUS MARS II Graphics Card is set to come out on the market and to what price?

With all respect to ASUSTek Corporation policy, I'm still waiting for the answer on when ASUS ROG MARS II Limited Edition enter the market and possible price.

2011-08-15 Update: I have order the ASUS ROG MARS II LIMITED EDITION so I'm looking forward to something real good

WOLF.

Retired
Not applicable
did they not demo or give one these away at the Formula X event?

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
did they not demo or give one these away at the Formula X event?

I don't remember seeing one but there was lots to see so I may have missed it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
nope it did not make it to the event.