cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode sleep S1 not Available in My system. Help!

gustavoegg
Level 7
Hi everyone. This is my first post here because i have a problem with my pc:

- Asus Rampage IV Formula x79
- I7 3820 Intel Proccessor
- 16Gb Ram Patriot 1866mhz
- 1Tb Hard Drive

The problem is that every day when i wake up my PC don't work. First i thought i was the standby mode then i search in google and see many problems with that.

Well, really the problem is that all nights my pc freeze it or something rare when i don't use it. I think the problem is that Standby mode S1 isn't available.

and using the command powercfg -request see that Filesystem\srvnet that i dont know what thing is.

Please i need help i have the last BIOS of this motherboard.

Any question or suggesst thanks

7 REPLIES 7

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
Well first thing, I never use S1 I use S3. S1 does not save much energy, with an X79 CPU you might as well just keep your PC on instead of S1. I have also noticed the lack of BIOS settings for S1 vs. S3 in Asus motherboards. That said, I have trouble believing that S1 is your problem. I have these items set in my BIOS that may affect your problem:

Extreme Tweaker menu:
CPU Performance settings submenu:
CPU ratio: Auto (default)
Enhanced Intel Speedstep tech: Enabled (default)
Turbo mode: Enabled (default)
Turbo mode parameters submenu; Power limit control: Auto (default)

Advanced menu.
CPU configuration submenu:
Limit CPUID maximum: Disabled (default)

CPU power management submenu:
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 report: Enabled
CPU C6 report: Enabled
CPU C7 report: Enabled

APM submenu:
ErP ready: Disabled (default)

If you have any different settings than these let us know and we will discuss your settings.
Also what version of Windows are you running? Is your CPU Overclocked (OC)? Is your video card(s) OCd?
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

HalloweenWeed wrote:
Well first thing, I never use S1 I use S3. S1 does not save much energy, with an X79 CPU you might as well just keep your PC on instead of S1. I have also noticed the lack of BIOS settings for S1 vs. S3 in Asus motherboards. That said, I have trouble believing that S1 is your problem. I have these items set in my BIOS that may affect your problem:

Extreme Tweaker menu:
CPU Performance settings submenu:
Turbo mode parameters submenu; Power limit control: Auto (default)

Advanced menu.
CPU configuration submenu:
Limit CPUID maximum: Disabled (default)

CPU power management submenu:
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 report: Enabled
CPU C6 report: Enabled
CPU C7 report: Enabled

APM submenu:
ErP ready: Disabled (default)

If you have any different settings than these let us know and we will discuss your settings.
Also what version of Windows are you running? Is your CPU Overclocked (OC)? Is your video card(s) OCd?

ok Thanks. i check all in my bios and i put all like you told me.

i don't have any overclock y mi pc my items are:

I7 3820 Intel
Asus Rampage IV x79
1Tb Hard Drive
Memory Patriot PXQ316G1866ELQK PC3-15000 1866Mhz
EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 SIGNATURE
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with Media Center

Thats all my pc. I dont have any overclock because my system is unstable in default option. i tried put the memory to 1600 mhz and 1866 mhz and its the same problem.

So i will try this night hoping that no freeze more. Any help or suggest ill thank you.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Technically when you try to change your ram value above the Intel default you are overclocking. 🙂

However that is not important right now, what kind of instability are you referencing to when you say you have problems with your system?

And am I correct in assuming that you tried unsuccessfully to use the XMP profile for your memory kit?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Technically when you try to change your ram value above the Intel default you are overclocking. 🙂

However that is not important right now, what kind of instability are you referencing to when you say you have problems with your system?

And am I correct in assuming that you tried unsuccessfully to use the XMP profile for your memory kit?

I don't know really how use the XMP profile so only i load optimized options in bios and thats it.

today my pc do this. completely frozen

and then i reboot manually and this happpend

I don't know what to do. its my first time with a problem like that.

in the log events from windows 8 i see it some problems critic and some error

Here screen of events any help please thanks.

Nodens
Level 16
I'm suspecting you have several issues here. S1 is irrelevant though.
Filesystem\srvnet is related to media streaming. If you're not streaming over the network disable media streaming from
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings>Media Streaming Options.

Your inability to resume from sleep and your system instability are related.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens
Level 16
Your entire Windows installation is corrupted. I suggest you check for bad RAM with Memtest86+ prior to reinstalling Windows. A guide on how to do this, is in HiVizMan's signature. Missing BCD store means the bootloader is damaged as well. You have corruption issues for sure.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Hi, im back with more information about my problem. I figured out that my pc freeze it all nights in the same time 3:00 AM. I don't know why but last week i checked all days the hour of freeze and i saw that was 3:00 AM.

I think that is one problem with automatic updates or maybe not. Someone that have it a solution i hear it. THANKS