cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpad way to sensitive

wolfy
Level 8
How can you adjust the sensitivty of the touch pad just very lightly putting my finger on in causes it to react
on my older laptop you adjust the pressure on it, but i cannot find that any where in Win 8.
its causing me so much hassle!
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
CPU: Intel 9900K @4.7 ghz
2 x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
1x 500GB Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe
1x 500GB AData 8200pro M.2NVMe
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
Tower Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic
1 x dell 34" curved + 1 x 24"
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG
5 REPLIES 5

SUKARA
Level 10
which model notebook are you using?
Re-install about touchpad driver and re-set or correction have any improve?

chrsplmr wrote:
I found some read throughs .. and a microsoft driver .. best of luck.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads/mouse-keyboard-center

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57495288-292/how-to-enable-touch-pad-gestures-on-windows-8-lapt...

http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

keep us posted ..c.

I'm having a tough time with my TouchPad after updating to Windows 8 as well. My biggest problem is the cursor will intermittently just stop, or pause, as I am trying to move it across the screen, often making me pick up my finger and restarting repeatedly juts to make it across the 1920x1080 screen one time. I think this happens as my finger starts to flatten out (not juts pressing with the tippy tip of my finger) and maybe it starts thinking I now have two or more fingers there, IDK. So I tried disabling 2 and 3 finger support options, but it still feels quirky. Sometimes the cursor seems to teleport around too, and I do have tapping turned off so its not because of that. It reminds me of playing Asteroids in the old days, a little triangle ship going hyperspace around the screen, lol. But it's a real pain, this is the worst touchpad experience I have ever had, hopefully I can solve it.

As far as you links go, I downloaded and installed the Microsoft package there, but it is only for Microsoft Mice and keyboards, so it doesn't help with the touchpad. That article is rather old, and he solved his problem with different drivers, which are now probably old. And for some reason I can't download any of those drivers from Synaptic's site; but I'll keep trying.

I am currently using the latest driver from Asus, BTW, this one: Version V16.2.11.7. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment for sensitivity in it, only buttons to turn on or off certain features.

dstrakele
Level 14
If you UNinstall your current touchpad driver and reboot to let Windows 8 install its Plug-N-Play touchpad driver, does that work any better for you?

If not, your touchpad may have a grounding issue as reported for some G73 and G74 touchpads. Erratic cursor movement during normal use (not while typing) is one of the symptoms.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
If you UNinstall your current touchpad driver and reboot to let Windows 8 install its Plug-N-Play touchpad driver, does that work any better for you?

If not, your touchpad may have a grounding issue as reported for some G73 and G74 touchpads. Erratic cursor movement during normal use (not while typing) is one of the symptoms.

That didn't really help much, however, I installed this driver after that, and after some customizing, everything is GREAT now; night and day difference in control.

I got the idea from madnj in this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24637-WINDOWS-8-TRACKPAD-Gesture-Charm-Bar-HOW-DO-I-KILL-IT....

He then installed the latest ASUS Win 8 Synaptics driver over top of it to get gestures working; which I haven't done yet but maybe I will experiment later. I've never really used gestures, so I don't know what I'm missing there, but I do know what I was missing with no control, and now I have that back, so I'm counting my blessings at this point. 🙂